Is Bush really the worst President ever - Economically the answer is YES

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Joab, Feb 25, 2008.

Bush is the worst

1. Yes

117 vote(s)
    57.4%
  2. No

44 vote(s)
    21.6%
  3. I gave up caring

43 vote(s)
    21.1%
  1. The worst president in the last 50 years was Jimmy Carter, hands down. Weak military, high inflation, high interest rates, gas lines for miles, and hostages in Iran.

#41     Feb 27, 2008
  2. gnome

gnome

Ehhhh.... Your statement strikes me to be about as logical as claiming Bill Clinton was good economically because he raised taxes.

Carter inherited a bunch of his mess... and he couldn't do anything about OPEC or the Ayatolla.

We can't honestly claim Bill Clinton as "great" or even "good" just because he was EXTRAORDINARILY lucky and raised taxes.

But Bush has been BLATANTLY horrid.. he made his own mess and is sticking to it.

#42     Feb 27, 2008
  3. A president's ultimate value to its citizens is how he makes them feel about themselves while he is in office. He only has power over the military, and foreign affairs. Everything else is congress. Jimmy Carter made me ashamed to be an American. He was a bumbling fool who showed the world that we were a weak nation.

#43     Feb 27, 2008
  4. gnome

gnome

Now wait a minute.... we'd just come out of a Vietnam experience which was VERY unpopular with the American public, and the political will of the time was "no mas"... "butter now, instead of guns". America was NOT directed to a weak military because of Carter.

Just because Carter was rather soft and ineffective, doesn't make him the worst. Bush is AGGRESSIVELY HORSESHIT!

#44     Feb 27, 2008
  5. No, it wasn't his fault we had a weak military, but it was his failed attempt to rescue the hostages that made us the joke of the world militarily.

#45     Feb 27, 2008
  6. jjf

jjf

Interesting point gnome.

If you spread horseshit on the garden it will make the shrubs grow.

Well spotted.
    We may be looking at a perfect circle.

#46     Feb 27, 2008
  7. Carter also mentioned the development of the stealth bomber in a speech which at the time of cold war was top secret.

Bush was the right president for the 9/11 period. His last 4 years have not been a pretty sight. Would Kerry have done better? I seriously doubt it. We basically have no choices for President any more. They all suck. This election year is pathetic.

#47     Feb 27, 2008
  8. Humpy

Humpy

Scammers rule the world ( idiots )
    The Poodle ( I mean Tony Blair ) is laughing all the way to the bank. A grateful somebody is giving him over $4 p.a., via JP Morgan for services rendered. He was bought by Bush to go to war in Iraq and now is pay-off time. He gets another $2 p.a. from a Swiss bank. Another person he sold out to ?
    His sudden expertise about banking is surely wondrous ! Maybe Merkel and Sarkozy will retire from politics to get their pay-offs by the US, if you guys got any left that is ? LOL

#48     Feb 27, 2008
  9. volente_00

volente_00

Hoover was the worst hands down.

2 us recessions under democrats

9 under republicans

worst economic slowdown under republican

longest economic growth under democrats

Anyone care to argue why recessions almost always happen when a republican is president ?

You would think it would not be as likely to happen considering how much the deficit increases under them.

#49     Feb 27, 2008
  10. gnome

gnome

Well then, if a "horseshit President" can somehow be though of as "having potential", let me change my adjective..

How about "toxic" or "poison", or "nuCUlar"?

#50     Feb 27, 2008