Is Bush really the worst President ever - Economically the answer is YES

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Joab, Feb 25, 2008.

Bush is the worst

1. Yes

117 vote(s)
    57.4%
  2. No

44 vote(s)
    21.6%
  3. I gave up caring

43 vote(s)
    21.1%
  1. Is really having a debt to income ratio of 0.7 a sign of hubris. Having a debt to income ratio of 3 is manageable for many people, debt is good for growth. One should think with all the smart people in Washington it is not a big deal at all.

#11     Feb 25, 2008
  2. I won’t even have an agreement about it anymore I have learned it’s fruitless. I am sure Clinton is at fault for high commodity and oil prices too. I am sure Clinton is at fault for problems in Iraq and the housing market.

#12     Feb 25, 2008
  3. clacy

clacy

I guess ultimately, history will have to judge, but based on what we know now, you would have to but Bush right up there, with the worst economic presidents ever.

I'm very worried about the current economic lack of responsibility that is show by virtually ALL of our politicians, at ALL levels (local, state, national).

All Republicans care about is "no new taxes", while they should be focused on the real problem......spending.

All that Democrats care about is raising taxes and redirecting the money from Iraq, not to pay of the debt, but to redistribute it to their constituants.

IT F*CKING SUCKS!

#13     Feb 25, 2008
  4. thanks...great insight!

#14     Feb 25, 2008
  5. gnome

gnome

ONLY when the majority of Americans understand this will we be able to THROW THE BUMS OUT and affect true "change". In the near future, all we have to look forward to is MOTS... More Of The Same :mad:

#15     Feb 25, 2008
  6. Debt isn't a problem.

Most money is printed electronically, so a few few zeros more don't matter.

What really matters are low unemployment levels that are SUSTAINABLE IN THE LONG RUN (i.e. no bubbles).

#16     Feb 25, 2008
  7. Joab

Joab

Have you ever seen an Ostrich with it's head in the sand. ?

It still amazes me that there are people in the US that are so blind to the obvious but then again he was re-elected and that says a lot.

#17     Feb 25, 2008

8. Joab, you're Canadian, right? Frankly, I'll take Bush over Chretien and Martin any day. At least you guys finally wised up and elected Harper... about time for sanity in Canadian politics.

#18     Feb 25, 2008
  9. Lucky you. You got him. :p

#19     Feb 25, 2008
  10. It's also interesting that Harper, Sarkozy and Merkel all ran on platforms to improve ties with the U.S. while cozying up to Bush... and guess what: they won! How in the hell did that happen? I guess you guys have a bunch of idiots voting in your elections too.

#20     Feb 25, 2008