Is BSC worth more than $1 next week?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by m22au, Mar 14, 2008.

1. m22au

m22au

BSC will either be takenover or it will go bankrupt.

Will the takeover be for more than $1 ?

2. I had to think about that one for a second. :D

3. just21

just21

How can you hear there conference call at 11:30 est?

4. I hope not, I have jumped on the ban wagon, bought a bunch of puts at 40, 35, and 30.....We shall see how it unfolds.

5. I really think they are just trying to scare everyone. I bet JPM was sitting there buying up cheap shares all day today before their 50 dollar bid to pick up the rest of the shares.

6. Nahh, there are too many markets which indicate this credit crunch is real. Didn't Bernanke say they would be bank failures not to long ago?

Why would JPM buy BSC shares at $35 when they can get them for much cheaper much later.

Also, why buy a company which has much more liabilities than assets...

The whole thing is a fed bailout. JPM would not touch Bear with a ten foot poll had it not been the Fed sweetening the pot.

7. Chris311

Chris311

I honestly cant see the stock trading much below its book value of $28 (or whatever it is now) or selling for less.. I think a buyout in the 50 range is a good assumption. They have plenty of assets, it is just a liquidity problem.

8. bdon

bdon

Cmon they said on the conference call that the book value is still 80/share. ha, good times. Bear has reverted to Bush logic if you say it, it must be true.

Bye Bye Bear Stearns. Say Hello to EF Hutton, Salomon and Drexel for me.

9. S2007S

S2007S

They pushed earnings up from the end of the week to Monday after the close, going to be one VOLATILE week between all the brokers earnings and the Fed meeting on Tuesday.

10. Book value is over 80 dollars as per last financial statement. Only problem is we dont knwo their financials right now. Either way, this stock traded on pure fear today.

#10     Mar 14, 2008