Is Bright moving to Instinet clearing?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by cornholetrading, Oct 22, 2002.

1. Bryan Roberts

Bryan Roberts Guest

Robert,

ETG moved to instinet....Don made some comments about "another" firm moving to instinet and gave many reasons why Bright would not follow. i guess some posters here thought Don was referring to ETG when he made those earlier statements. i referenced those statements to "back up" my opinion that Bright would not leave GS/SLK.

#21     Oct 23, 2002
  2. I see that now

thanks.

Robert

#22     Oct 23, 2002
  3. I was hoping to get a response from Don Bright or the other guy on here that does the remote trading for Bright (forgot his name but his advertisement is in his footer of his posts) since they would have the real info. That way we could get the scoop from the source rather than speculate.

#23     Oct 23, 2002
  4. Bryan Roberts

Bryan Roberts Guest

i think that would be Cash Coyne..........their silence leads me to believe that my initial assumption was incorrect.

#24     Oct 23, 2002
  5. Now you're talking.

#25     Oct 23, 2002
  6. Yea that is the person I was talking about.

#26     Oct 23, 2002
  7. no posts from Don or Cash at all today?

usually Don at least comments on the openings

hmmm?

Stock_lover

#27     Oct 23, 2002
  8. The edge

The edge

can't believe somebody actually started this thread, and more that I am replying to it. Been trading with BT for 5 years, best firm around, but not for all you wannabees that think 50 bucks a day is a great deal, so please stop wasting peoples f... time here

#28     Oct 23, 2002

9. I started the thread asswipe because I wanted to know. It would have been real easy to end it if someone from Bright would show up and say yes or no that it is happening. I found it interesting because of the flood of Bright traders coming into my office. That is where I heard it from. Because the use of redi and the connection with Goldman Sachs was so heavily used as a marketing tool I was interested to see how they would handle the inevitable backlash if it is true.

If it is true more power to them. It might make them more competitive in the commission area and make their traders happier

#29     Oct 23, 2002
  10. Hmmm, I'm very glad to see everyone so concerned about us....the answer is that we have always sought out and tested alternative trading platforms, and are always trying to improve our performance for our traders. As a business, we are always exploring options. We value our relationships with several major players in the industry.

Traders ask for something, we see what we can do to accomodate. It will not be an "either / or" situation. We may evolve to a "choose a or b" situation.

Stay tuned....

(I only read the first page of posts, so if I missed something I should respond to, please repost....a very busy day)..

Don

#30     Oct 23, 2002