is Brexit still happening?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by RGLD, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Sig

Sig

Maybe it's @Visaria coming back out from under the rock he's been hiding under since he slunk away back in the spring!

#11     Sep 12, 2019
  2. RGLD

RGLD

Umm I'm not sure what you mean by "US" because i don't know if you're from UK or US. But Trump isn't the one who's a laughing stock if you follow US news. Let me get this straight - THERE IS NOTHING FUNNY ABOUT HIS TARIFFS!!! Ok.. now that it's out of the way, the opposing party is the one you should be laughing at (Dems). Honestly I haven't heard Trump do anything funny at all. I think most of the laughter you're getting from is from the Dems and left wing politics - fake news, health care of illegals, open borders, everyone is Hilter.. Yea.. That's all Dem stuff. Trump's stuff isn't that funny...

Ok Enlighten me for a second.. What would a "No Deal" Brexit mean if they go through with it? lol Will the EU declare war on GB if pulling out?

Also George Soros called the EU a "flawed construct". But now he's fighting with all the years he have left to prevent it from falling apart? Hypocrite...

#12     Sep 12, 2019
  3. Go on then. How did the majority of the public never want Brexit…?

#13     Sep 13, 2019
  4. tomorton

tomorton

The referendum was conducted on a national poll basis and the result was 52% for Leave but when the results were broken down into approximate MP constituencies, about 70% of constituencies returned a Leave vote. About 70%of MP's favour Remain. So we were always in for a confusing and drawn-out conflict.

#14     Sep 13, 2019
    Nobert, zdreg, monet and 1 other person like this.
  5. Sig

Sig

You very pointedly failed to answer the questions I asked repeatedly, thereby indicating quite clearly that you know the answers but find them inconvenient so you try to change the subject. How about you go back to your concept that once a referendum happens the politicians must blindly work to implement it no matter if it's impossible to achieve without causing significant damage, if the situation changes significantly, or if public opinion changes. You and the rest of the Brexit fanboys are clearly terrified of actually asking if the British public want a hard Brexit indicating you clearly know they don't. Your desperate attempts to ignore that are pretty transparent.

#15     Sep 13, 2019
    Pekelo likes this.
  6. tomorton

tomorton

I actually have a feeling (based only anecdotally, no hard data) that the British public in the majority is now so fed up with Brexit that no-deal would be the winning policy in a new referendum - if conducted right now, before anything changes.

Following through on this, I tend to think if Boris Johnson were to conclude a no-deal Brexit on 31/10 and hold a General Election immediately after, he'd win by a landslide.

#16     Sep 13, 2019
    comingkingofisrael likes this.
  7. Agreed. I'm all for a no deal Brexit. It's a starting point, not an ending point. Media and vocal remainers have IMHO really muddied the waters saying that the referendum leave was not a vote for leaving without a deal. What did people think leave meant? If you leave an organisation you leave. We (I) voted to stop paying to be a member of an organisation and correspondingly lose the benefits/services of that organisation. After that, I would imagine new arrangements to be negotiated but for me, it was clear that leave meant leave with no expectation of anything other than no longer being a member of the organisation. Simples.

#17     Sep 13, 2019
    tomorton likes this.
  8. I also love the media narrative of 'crash out with no deal' rather than 'leave with no deal'. How about referring to remaining as 'remaining trapped in this expensive fee-charging meta-governing organisation'. I don't hear that much....

#18     Sep 13, 2019
  9. Turveyd

Turveyd

The Election was just a way to force a no deal, Labour would of likely won, then they’d get blamed when the shit hits the fan, Boris and mates get away scott free with massive back handers for screwing over the UK public 1 last time.

No deal country bankrupt 3 months, bad deal 12 months,Average deal 50/50 within 24months.

And if you think Trump wont screw us for every penny they can get your wrong, which is what there after.

#19     Sep 13, 2019
  10. tomorton

tomorton

All politicians seek to avoid blame when in power. Avoiding blame is a good way to keep power, and that's the name of the game.

#20     Sep 13, 2019