Is Boone Pickens still short oil?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by detective, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Oil is raging and the most bullish market in the whole universe right now, and Boone Pickens shorted at $99/100. He must be feeling the squeeze here.

My goodness, oil at $107.60, yes, inflation is well anchored. I believe you Uncle Ben. Go back to cooking rice.

2. boon putt picker is an idiot. Why would anyone short oil now?

3. Maybe that was him covering his short oil position at the 10:30am ring open this morning. :eek:

4. Sell the rallies or Buy the dips hehe :p

5. I made a thread awhile back, last chance to get in for under a hundred. But this is getting ridiculous, I thought after the South American war was resolved, oil would have been at 90 for sure. I'm just amazed at how powerful this thing is.

One hurricane in the gulf of Mexico may end the world. Oil is going to a buck fifty IF said hurricane materializes.

6. S2007S

S2007S

welcome to the COMMODITY BUBBLE......

and please dont say that commodities arent in a bubble, I heard that real estate wasnt in 2005 and the internet stocks werent in 1999.....

The COMMODITY BUBBLE IS HERE.....

7. gnome

gnome

He probably still is... riding it out, averaging into... that's been his style.

8. Boone just tried to get a little too cute with the oil move, he predicted it to dip before blasting higher in the summer. He tried to get greedy by catching every little move in oil even though he was long term bullish and he's paying the price. Don't fight King Oil. Better than anything on the planet right now as far as investment.

9. Even with the aid of CNBC the old man can't make money.

10. doublea

doublea

Boone Pickens probably makes more in a day than many of the people here have dreamed of making in their lifetime. Weren't you saying the same thing about Warren Buffett too?

I don't know why I am even replying here.

#10     Mar 10, 2008