Is Bloomberg becoming another CNBC?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by MakPMil, Oct 19, 2009.

1. I use to watch Bloomberg during the 5.30 west coast time reports and until the open when I would turn it off. I watched them oven cnbc for obvious reasons.

Now for the last month or so Bloomberg has those 3 punks on in the morning and I only turn it on if reports are due and I turn it off immediately after they are out.

BTW Charlie Rose is a joke as is that goof ball Bennie Lo at night.

CNBC Asia/Australia and Europe Squawk are good productions. I particularly like the Forex guys they have on there.

#11     Oct 19, 2009
  2. This is exactly how I feel. I used to believe that Bloomberg was (and possibly still is) the most objective of financial television networks, however their recent programming changes are a huge step in the wrong direction IMO. I also hate the new damn ticker.

#12     Oct 19, 2009
  3. At least Bloomberg doesn't ask the girls to do cooking shows elsewhere.

#13     Oct 21, 2009
  4. hmmm? what cookings shows?

#14     Oct 21, 2009
  5. patchie

patchie

Why Is Charlie, the neanderthal, Gasparino reporting for Bloomberg as well?

Bloomberg will never be CNBC so long as the Gas man and Cramer stay with CNBC. There are only so many windbags and blowhards to go around and CNBC takes the prize there.

#15     Oct 21, 2009
  6. no, they have Bernie Lo do them whilst markets are moving big in asia. one night there was a huge move in all markets and US futures- i was watching bloomberg and it took them 45 minutes to comment. in their 'market update' break away from their fluff pieces, they hadn't changed the script, so the chick was reading that shanghai was up 2% when it had reversed and was down like 3 1/2%.

confidence inspiring.

the worst though is that overly dramatic British guy in the 1st European segment. he's so irritating that i have to mute the entire 2 hours he's on.

#16     Oct 21, 2009
  7. The Today Show with food tasting and everything trivial under the sky like that.

#17     Oct 21, 2009