Is Big Brother watching?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by chasinfla, Jun 22, 2002.

1. I have nothing to hide but my fears... But I am opposed to any form of government or business information gathering and data bases on people who have not affirmatively agreed.

As I understand it, there are two types of government. One is the kind that tells you what you Can do and the other tells you what you cannot do. I think we were at one time in the former, but are moving to the latter. BIG mistake. Too often, we as a nation bow to the vocal minority and try to protect us from ourselves. Like seatbelt laws. I wear one, but damn if the government should tell me to do so. I am old enough to decide on my own.

#21     Jun 25, 2002
  2. well, all i can say is, yadda, yadda, yadda.

If we are to defend our liberty, we ought to have the liberty to do it in the first place.

#22     Jun 25, 2002
  3. I just bought a new Jeep Liberty for my wife, and I WILL defend it to the end.

#23     Jun 25, 2002
  4. The trend is President Bush,like Benard Baruch did,,likes to quail hunt. That should keep the losses of freedom small.:cool: President Bush isnt like one from Arkansas,duck hunter for political show.

Hope all of them remember thier gun safety rules.

---------------------------------------------

Star Wars trend and trading-
    ''The stars in thier courses [paths] fought against Sisera''

#24     Jul 3, 2002
  5. A local news show just informed us that a Memphis{TN} community just installed auto cameras at several crossroads.Of course its always for safety sake;they will issue warning tickets until Sept.:cool:

P.s.
    However have noticed a[eyewitness] trend in rural areas from Minneapolis-Saint Paul to Buenos Aires.The national news hates it,ignores it or mocks it. About a 200 year trend.

The rural mayor,city council,and most of the banks where I live take out a huge ad. Many page ad lists the 10 commandments of gun safety,hunt tips. Actually quite common in much of rural America,including upstate NY .[Murray Cohen owns that paper].:)

#25     Jul 5, 2002
  6. trdrmac

trdrmac

Ok, first of all many of our "Founding Fathers" were SLAVE OWNERS, fathered ILLEGITIMATE CHILDREN, and treated women more like CHATTEL than equal citizens. So give me a break with this personal liberty the founding fathers provided us.

Now on to the issues at hand.

As for driving, I as a driver with 15 years of a clean record and one totaled car where I was rear ended by a rubber necker pay HIGHER RATES because of all the idiots on the road. I pay higher rates because of people who are killed or injured because they did not wear their seatbelt or a helmet. So if we can make the roads safer, and I can't tell you how many times Ive avoided an accident by looking both ways before going through a green light, by monitoring traffic lights electronically, Im all for it. Bottom line is I will pay less insurance if there are less accidents or less bodily damage in accidents. So my suggestion is if you don't like this then start a movement where people can self insure and do what ever the hell they want when they drive. Then you have true freedom.

The second question at hand is what about our personal right to privacy. That ended with Timothy McVey and was permanently buried on Sept 11. Either we choose as a society to protect the population at the sacrifice of the individual or we will be living like they do in Israel. That means as a citizen we all must give a little. Imagine in WWII people saying screw it I'm going to use all the rubber I want and waste all the steel I want, its my RIGHT.
    Personally, I would start by pulling every visa of a person of Middle Eastern origin, but that's another program.

I can't sit in my favorite coffee shop or go to an outing without thinking I wonder if that Saudi's backpack is filled with TNT. My freedom of enjoyment is over. Stripped, Gone. So if I have to get an ID card so they know Im OK, fine. No problem. Then I am free to enjoy the bigger things in life.

Who Else has rights??

Child molesters Have Rights
    Rapists Have Rights
    Dangerous Mental Patients Have Rights
    Violent Criminals Have Rights

And these freedoms have been beneficial right? No one's liberty was violated by giving these people their "Constitutional Rights" or has it?

When do we realize that personal liberty means nothing if the collective society is not safe?

#26     Jul 5, 2002
  7. He can watch who I call, wire money to, where I go on the net and on airplanes and I could give a shit. Think it was McNeely at Sun that said "What privacy, get over it." And that goes for insurance companies, telemarketers, police and neighbors. Don't care.

As long as I can cancel fraudulent credit card charges greater than $50 and return withering fire from my property I accept the social compact here in rural America.:cool:

Geo.

And maybe get a new email account now that I think about it - this spam thing is wearing me out.

#27     Jul 6, 2002