Is Big Brother watching?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by chasinfla, Jun 22, 2002.

1. sigh...??? you'll bite???

How about no gun laws and just quit incentivizing the demolition of the family, single parenthood, double-income households, and the secularization of public education and government, for starters?

Don't worry, it won't happen, our window of opportunity has passed.

The idea that people think it has to be 'insured' by some 'law' is another sign that we've gone way past the point of recovering the vision of our founders, who knew the Republic could only survive by the intelligent <i>self</i> government of her citizens.

#11     Jun 23, 2002
  2. Whew! Threw me off for a moment. Thought you were trying to take a left turn.

#12     Jun 23, 2002
  3. no way jose.

but i did mix my metaphors...

#13     Jun 23, 2002
  4. I think you've hit on something very important here. Who cares if our country becomes a cesspool of terrorists and gangs?

If people can't make correct subject, verb agreement, then our country is doomed from the beginning.

#14     Jun 24, 2002
  5. Who cares about license plate readers, I just can't wait until they put those GPS chips in all cell phones nationwide... as has been mandated. Then you are talking big brother.

#15     Jun 24, 2002
  6. Went to a graduation last week and a few rows in front of me were 3 arab/muslim people who didn't stand for the national anthem. My first reaction was anger than outrage, you send a family member to be educated in the US, but you show no respect by being seated. They are free to remain seated because this country is a free society, that freedom was paid for by many.

If you want to read their license plate and mine it doesn't bother me. If Big Brother monitors some activities, I don't have anything to hide and the only thing I fear is that it goes to far. The government intelligence community let the country down, and I am willing to give up some liberties so it doesn't happen again.

No guns were openly present.

#16     Jun 24, 2002
  7. you are more on target than you think because the latter sets the stage for the former.

#17     Jun 24, 2002
  8. ok..i get it...lets all become slaves so we can become free....

You are either a citizen, sworn to uphold the Constitution, or you are an alien. If the behavior of aliens threatens the Constitutional rights of the citizens, is grounds for their removal. Npt grounds for the citizens to compromise the rights that were sacrificed and fought for.

#18     Jun 24, 2002
  9. I agree with this statement as a theoretical ideology, but I hate when people try to apply it to just any act of government they want to bash.

Our government requires us to get a drivers license in order to drive. In Texas, they take a retina scan, a finger print, take down all your relevant information, and take your picture. Is this a violation of my rights? No. This is collecting information so that the government can make informed decisions.

There is no violation of the Constitution, and the government is not using this information as a way to control my actions. It's just information.

#19     Jun 24, 2002
  10. ok..I DON'T get it....citizens are protected BY the Constitution, government IS sworn to uphold the Constitution. If you are a citizen who "doesn't uphold the Constitution" than you must be an alien?

Aliens who "threaten the rights of the citizens" are breaking the law. Aliens who don't stand for the national anthem are protected by the Constitution, not subject to "removal".

No one wants to give up any liberties, but with 9/11 it was the first time the continental US was attacked and if you go back in history when the country is at war the citizens made scarifies.

Do you feel threatened by more government information gathering? You shouldn't, you spend all your time in front of a computer posting to this board.

#20     Jun 25, 2002