Is Benzinga Pro actually real-time?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by GotherL, May 22, 2020.

1. faltd

faltd

Can check on this tomorrow

#31     May 23, 2020
  2. FTDK

FTDK

I am using a version of Livesquawk provided by a 3th party, so i have access to the live squawk feed but only can access news headlines from the past 24 hours or so.

That is why i am unable to give any examples now. If there are any next week i will post them here.

#32     May 23, 2020
    faltd likes this.
  3. This is a great list. Thanks for sharing.

#33     May 23, 2020
    faltd likes this.
  4. GotherL

GotherL

Can you provide the timestamp on the recent NNDM offering? On benzinga I see it as 8:42:41 on May 20.

I already checked it on twitter also 8:42 (Doesn't say in seconds so I don't know if it's more reliable or not.)

Last edited: May 23, 2020
    #34     May 23, 2020
  5. faltd

faltd

Just discovered the same challenge. Twitter does not post time stamps beyond minute precision for historical tweets on web nor mobile. Would need the API for that and do not feel in the mood to do so over the weekend. I can look into it next week though. There is no point to compare on the basis of minute precision.

For what it's worth, bbg for the first time mentioned about the NNDM offering on May 20 at 12:42:08pm UTC.

Last edited: May 23, 2020
    #35     May 23, 2020
  6. faltd

faltd

At 6:55:26pm UTC on May 19 bbg posted a tweet by Reuters that Nasdaq informs Luckin Coffee it plans to delist it. Again, it first came out on Twitter, posted by Reuters. Would need to check whether Reuters posted it first on its own Eikon or on Twitter.

At 4:46:34pm UTC on May 20 bbg for the first time posted a tweet by CNBC about the senate passing the bill.

#36     May 23, 2020
  7. FTDK

FTDK

I certainly hope for those who are paying huge amounts for their special news services to get the advantage over their Twitter feed :D.

Curious to see the comparison!

#37     May 23, 2020
  8. faltd

faltd

Unfortunately I can't compare right now as tweets per Twitter policy on mobile and web only show with Minute precision. But on the cased I looked up on bbg just now I have already shown that Twitter was way faster. Bbg did not even consider the bill passing in the senate a "hot news" which I found surprising. The Luckin news by Nasdaq also had quite some market impact.

#38     May 23, 2020
  9. it is not real time it has a delay compared to bloomberg and trade the news
    just another rant!

#39     Dec 13, 2020