Is Ben S. Bernanke a Moron?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Thunderdog, Jan 30, 2008.

Is Ben S. Bernanke a Moron?

1. Yes

52 vote(s)
    60.5%
  2. No

34 vote(s)
    39.5%
  1. I would let the country go into recession by raising rates. Recession is part of the business and economic cycle. It's a natural phenomina that HAS to occur to clean out the mess easy money created. Printing more money, or making money easy to obtain lowers the value of our currency.

The funny thing about it is this cheap money will not get to businesses that need it. Banks may have access to cheap money, but when money is cheap they actually become more stingy with it. The risk/reward just doesn't make sense for them to loan money to anyone but the best customers.

#21     Jan 30, 2008

2. NOT after today. He is on our side. I have changed my view of Bernanke. He is doing the right thing. Feds have cut 1.25 in one week! Think of that how massive that is injecting liquidity.....
    This cannot remain a bear market anymore.

#22     Jan 30, 2008
  3. There is no such thing as a natural cycle. Ours is a controlled society and liveable one. Feds control our economy and guide it best they can. Recession is not something to look forward to.

#23     Jan 30, 2008
  4. Remember a couple of years ago the EURO at 1.30 was crazy . Now It is about to blow past 1.50 . Its the begining of the end of the mighty US $ .

#24     Jan 30, 2008
  5. Yeah but what if the coach is messing around with the bookies?

#25     Jan 30, 2008
  6. LOL! Brilliant!

#26     Jan 30, 2008
  7. Based on the survey results (64% say he is a moron, 36% say he's not) Bernanke clearly is NOT a moron.

#27     Jan 30, 2008
  8. kashirin

kashirin

I would say based on the survey results 36% on this board ARE morons

#28     Jan 30, 2008
  9. Paliz

Paliz

A moron doesn't have to be stupid. It could be a person who is willing to sell his soul for money. How far will it get him? Well that is for us to see, and for the moron to worry about....

#29     Jan 31, 2008
  10. gnome

gnome

And it's not like anybody or another country "did" anything to it (us)... our own Gummint is just pissing it away for their own selfish greed.

The US Gummint and the Fed are THE enemy! Will the American people wake up in time? Or EVER?

Doubt it.

#30     Jan 31, 2008