Is Ben S. Bernanke a Moron?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Thunderdog, Jan 30, 2008.

Is Ben S. Bernanke a Moron?

1. Yes

52 vote(s)
    60.5%
  2. No

34 vote(s)
    39.5%
  1. Simple question.

2. Don't think he's a moron. I think he's probably very smart. A moron is someone who can't open a cereal box.

Ben's problem is that he's bought, and he doesn't care about the country's future. Only the country's bank's future.

3. Good point. As in the case of Nortel's senior management a while back, it can sometimes be difficult to determine whether someone is unbelievably stupid and inept or blatantly corrupt. The symptoms can be remarkably similar from the outside looking in.

4. gnome

gnome

During confirmation hearings, I'm sure he promised to "play ball" in order to get appointed.

5. jrlvnv

jrlvnv

Forgive me for being unknowledgable about the subject but it seems to me that Bens only job is to raise, lower or leave rates the same.

For everyone that thinks that Ben isn't doing his job, what would you do if you were him and what do you think would happen as a result of your action?

6. Great post.

Big Business and Government go together like Religion and Government ... :(

It's not a good idea to mix the two, and someone always ends up getting preferential treatment.
    Having said that, I made my till for the day, and regardless of what these politicians have to say about it, I plan on getting mine out of an obviously corrupt and biased system.

7. part of benny's job is to save the currency which is getting shredded now.....

so the dollar drops 2% and the market goes up 1% and people think that is some sort of deal.....

what a pile............

8. Start doing the hard work of rebuilding the country's infrastrucutre, both physically, financially and as a responsible group of human beings, for starters.

If they want to turn this country into a "welfare state", that's their business, but I sure as hell don't plan on going along for the ride.

Good trading to all.

9. Ben is one of the leading experts on the history and causes of the Great Depression and he is doing everything in his power to keep the country out of one. He is doing exactly the right thing. It will cost us through inflation but the alternative is unemployment and poverty. Big Ben didn't create this mess but he is doing an excellent job of fixing it.

10. LOL, :p - you got that right.

#10     Jan 30, 2008