Is being profitable the most important?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by TSaimoto, Nov 3, 2002.

1. 6 posts . . . all so eloquently spoken through your asshole.

#31     Nov 3, 2002
  2. TSaimoto

TSaimoto Guest

Doesn't have an asshole so he speaks shit out...

BIG TUNA, you're in the wrong thread.

Still, keep on trading. I really want to thank you for trading me a share of your loss for my profits. I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you...

So what do you trade? Or what do you plan to trade tomorrow? Maybe we can trade the same market.

Added: Great! You have 5X my capital to throw away. I really need to know which market you trade.

#32     Nov 3, 2002
  3. BIG_TUNA

BIG_TUNA

"unless you're the leading dog the view is the same"
    Guess this is why you noticed my ASSHOLE. ahahaa!

#33     Nov 3, 2002
  4. BIG_TUNA

BIG_TUNA

You couldn't keep up sonny boy. By the way, what the F*CK does your stupid signature mean. Looks like you like to suck Gann's johnson to me. GANN is for losers, didn't you hear??hahaha.

#34     Nov 3, 2002
  5. Tech Analysis, about your leading dog statement. I have several friends who did and do run dog teams and they say that on a steady diet of raw fish being the lead dog is critically important if you know what I mean. Not too good for the sled man either.

#35     Nov 3, 2002
  6. TSaimoto

TSaimoto Guest

So how do you trade BIG TUNA?

We all know we can bullshit each other with, how much money we are making or how you perform. Mind as well, explain what your trading style is...

#36     Nov 3, 2002
  7. Interesting thought about media et al making one feel guilty about his wealth. How do they do that exactly?

I see commercials asking me to give for causes. My church asks me to help the poor. I receive mail seeking contributions for charities. But none of it ever makes me feel guilt. If my heart moves me to participate, I do. If not, I don't.

Maybe it isn't guilt at all.

:)

#37     Nov 3, 2002
  8. It can also be interpreted that unless you're ahead of the pack, all you'll see is a bunch of BIG_TUNAs and that's no way to be running a race :D It also seems like Fresh_Tuna's gonna be in for a little boning by the moderator's knife.

#38     Nov 3, 2002
  9. dottom

dottom

Yes, it is. Guilt is one of the major tenets of liberalism.

Regarding TV ads, the "Save the Children" ads and similar on the surface look like they draw on your compassion and kindness, but the primary motivator is guilt. They allude to every day secular things that we take for granted and how such a small donation can make such a big difference (like "the cost of a cup of coffee per day").

Not saying these programs are bad, as I myself contribute to several, but that they recognize that guilt is a major motivator. You should see some of their follow-on marketing once you decide to donate. They ask for more... and there are more programs, and your name gets shared with other non-profit orgs....

btw, I'm not talking about total guilt-ridden individuals who may have other psychological problems, but the subtle subconscious guilt that everyone with a conscious has. Early civilization priests relied on fear. As civilization advanced, the Church realized fear only affected the lower class, but guilt could subtlety control all humans.

#39     Nov 3, 2002
  10. TSaimoto

TSaimoto Guest

I don't really feel guilty. I know I deserve every penny I make from trading because I don't deny the process in which I got here.

It is what I seeked for so I got it. I do want to get better with my trading, I still hit the books and test ideas I get while and while not trading.

Personally, it's the same old thing. There are ups and downs but friends, GF, and other people are what I expect it to be. Just having fun with an occasional problems but that's part of relationships.

Philanthropy? Maybe I should start a family first. Though, I want to stay single. Friends of mine who's married tells me to marry and have kids. They say that I've achieved what "I" want so it's natural step for me to take care of my family and others.

Time will prevail but insights like InandLong is a breather. Thanks for the great post.

PS. I guess I shut BIG TUNA's shit mouth. BIG TUNA, we are all traders so I think we can get a good idea if you are who you talk to be like if you explain to us your trading routines and style. Don't get me wrong, I don't want your exact system, just an explanation of your style.

#40     Nov 3, 2002