Is being profitable the most important?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by TSaimoto, Nov 3, 2002.

1. I installed an exhaust fan over my trading desk to catch the pipe and cigar smoke, which can turn monitor bezels yellow and be detrimental to the hard drives.

Try getting permission from the boss to do that in an office :D

#11     Nov 3, 2002
  2. Work to live.

Matthews 7:7.

"For everyone that asketh, receiveth; and he that seeketh, findeth; and unto him that knocketh, it shall be opened."

#12     Nov 3, 2002
  3. profitability doesn't matter if you're left wing. cuz then you can live off the profits of others.

#13     Nov 3, 2002
  4. Do yourself a big favor. I lost both my grandfathers to lung cancer. One was in so much pain near his death, that they basically had to keep him under with pain medication while he puked up blood and pieces of his lung.

My father had a heart-attack because nicotine caused his blood vessels to harden.

Smoking cigerettes is a waste of money and your life. Look at that pack of smokes for what they are -- a socially accepted way to slowly kill yourself painfully, especially at the end.

Throw that pack of cigerettes way. You will hate life for a month, but it will be the single best thing you can do. Then go to the gym and start running. A month later you will feel so much better about yourself and your health.

#14     Nov 3, 2002
  5. yes offshore, If your work is consecrated, then it has meaning in your life.

#15     Nov 3, 2002
  6. It's a cruel world. Have you ever wondered why cigarettes are not illegal, but most other drugs you can smoke or inject yourself with are?

It's not because the other substances would be more addictive or cause a more painful death.

It's for one reason only: Because cigarettes provide the supplier with the best bottom line: While the victims consume, they can keep working, earning money, and paying for cigarettes for decades without becoming mentally incapacitated. In fact, cigarettes stimulate the human brain in a way that makes it more willing to do its best in the rat race, making money so that more cigarettes can be bought.

Whose fault is it? Probably no-one's. That's just the way life is. But in a democracy, we all ought to be ashamed for the hypocrisy in our laws.

#16     Nov 3, 2002
  7. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Tobacco is the American Indian's revenge upon the pale face.

#17     Nov 3, 2002
  8. TSaimoto

TSaimoto Guest

Aphie, obviously you're posting on the wrong thread. Though, I'm glad you're concerned about my health. You've smoked before so you should know that all smokers know the consequences of smoking. I'm not quitting because I don't have the urge to. Also, I don't see smoking as my problem with myself as a trader. Lobster, bobcathy... thank you too for your concern.

I am grateful for your concerns though.

#18     Nov 3, 2002
  9. Nothing is more relaxing during the stressful day than filling a pipe and enjoying a nice long smoke during the mid-day doldrums.

#19     Nov 3, 2002
  10. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

:D Gee, I prefer counting my money for satisfaction.:D

#20     Nov 3, 2002