Is bad credit a character flaw?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by nutmeg, Jul 15, 2009.

1. I would want the person that could do the job and credit score has nothing to do with it. Have any of you ever actually hired any personnel? Get real.

#61     Nov 8, 2009
  2. u21c3f6

u21c3f6

Yes, I actually hire personnel, those with degrees and those without.

My point was not about the credit score but a job at McDonald's. I try to match the applicant with the job. Assuming the job at McDonald's was a regular line position and not management, I would be very reluctant to hire someone with a degree for that position. It is not that the person with a degree couldn't do the job, but I assume that they got a degree for some other purpose and they would not be satisfied with a regular line job. You have a much better chance of having a long-term loyal employee from a person that does not have a degree but has the qualifications to perform the duties of a position that does not require a degree. The high credit score would just increase this chance. In addition, if the position had anything to do with the handling of cash, I most assuredly do not want to hire someone that is having money and/or credit problems.

The person with the degree should be applying for jobs that require degrees. Unfortunately due to the current situation, I have PhD's applying for positions that do not require a degree and would be at huge pay cuts. How long-term, satisfied or loyal do you think that person would be?

It also works in reverse. There are many individuals that I feel could take on promotions but unfortunately for them they cannot be promoted because they do not have a degree and cannot be promoted to a position that requires a degree.

Joe.

#62     Nov 8, 2009