Is bad credit a character flaw?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by nutmeg, Jul 15, 2009.

1. I find this puzzling. I have above average credit (765) and I get treated very well. Lines of credit at big banks, leased cars ...etc...etc.

Care to elaborate? What do you consider "perfect credit?"

#41     Jul 15, 2009
  2. 778 with equifax. I have tons of credit lines, they have all been cut. They tried to raise my rates, I opted out and closed the line. So I can pay off the debit at the original rate.

I had a B0fA account for 20 years, 35k credit line, 7.99% never late ever. It was cut to 5k and rate raised to 24.34%

#42     Jul 15, 2009

3. Their policy doesn't affect me, my auto rates are pretty good.
    Do some reading on the insurance companies, I don't have time or inclination to educate you. Once you understand their history you'll realize what kind of low life business they run.
    I deal with property insurance everyday and I've worked for the companies also. In fact I just talked to two adjusters today. Adjusters by the way are usually pretty good people, I like dealing with them. But your either fooling yourself if you trust the insurance companies or your ignorant, probably both.

#43     Jul 15, 2009
  4. Do a google search on "Mckinsey & Company" and you start to see how the large insurance companies operate.

#44     Jul 15, 2009
  5. sjfan

sjfan

Where did I say in any of my posts that I *trust* them? There's a world of difference between trust and "they lied". I simply hold an opinion of professional indifference to them. I have insurance. I know that they are adversaries in that it's in their interest not to pay me. But there's a difference between that and "lying".

(Obviously, there are fraud in insurance like there are fraud in basically everything. But a few bad apples does not rotten basket make).

#45     Jul 15, 2009
  6. Wow...that really does suck man. I'm very surprised with that score and having never been late they would try that stuff with you. No rhyme or reason. They're certainly not incentivizing you to be a good customer.

#46     Jul 15, 2009
  7. This is correct
    This is total bullshit. Evidently you missed the lecture on actuarial theory in your stats class.

#47     Jul 15, 2009
  8. It depends actually..If you ask me for that then i will go for people with Low Credit Score but having a degree..Because I am sure applicants with degree always have capability to raise their Credit Score easily..
    Raise Credit Score

#48     Nov 7, 2009
  9. u21c3f6

u21c3f6

Actually, this has more to do with the job than the credit score but I would actually hire the high credit score, no degree.

Joe.

#49     Nov 7, 2009
  10. Lethn

Lethn

Apologies if someone has already pointed this out but:

Wouldn't the reason that you got a degree and have low credit be because you took out a student loan? Of course it depends on the country but if it were somewhere like the UK it would pretty much just be added to the hideously rising national debt and hardly anyone would notice.

Credit Card companies wouldn't be able to tell the difference because they're privately owned and wouldn't have access to such information so isn't that a completely misguided and baseless assumption on their part?

Feel free to correct me but that's how I see it.

#50     Nov 7, 2009