Is bad credit a character flaw?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by nutmeg, Jul 15, 2009.

1. sjfan

sjfan

If an insurance company isn't acting in the interest of profit maximization, it is no longer acting within its fiduciary duty to its shareholds. So yes, it's a foregone conclusion that they do everything for profit. What's your problem with that exactly?

#31     Jul 15, 2009
  2. sjfan

sjfan

Yeah... you want to handle judgement risk and collateral value risk with "proper agreement"... were a risk manager for Lehman brothers or AIG, by chance?

#32     Jul 15, 2009
  3. poyayan

poyayan

You have to look at yourself from the other side of the fence. When you have bad credit, you are grouped together with people who have bad credit and bad money management skill.

Yes, you might be still good with money, but if I can't tell you apart from 1000 others dead beat, I wouldn't take the chance, right?

It is like without a college degree. It is not that you are not a smart or good worker. The problem is employers can't tell you apart from the rest of the blue collar workforce.

#33     Jul 15, 2009
  4. Eight

Eight

What landlords are really looking at, whether they know it or not, is that about 15% of the population ever defaults, sees the inside of a jail or mental hospital, etc... they are trying to weed out those people by credit scores and as much history as they can get... with bad credit I've had to negotiate things before, talk nice to the landlord, offer them something extra in the deal, show them my immaculately cared for car as an indication that their property rights will be respected, put a cash deposit with a car rental agency that I got back when the car came back, cash checks at a check cashing place... things are negotiable... when I had good credit wifey f$%^&d my life up with it without me even knowing it... these lenders f%^k you over with things like that and then I got rate jacked, and I studied a little bit and discovered that these endless tax manipulators we call Congress could end identity theft anytime they got the notion, and ID theft had always bothered me, I never worried about that when I had no credit... so I told them to shove it sideways so far it gave them a bad hair day, quit the dead end career and burned through my 401k and three unemployment extensions and now.. I can pull some long coin out of day trading the YM. I'm off the simulator real soon, no surrender no regrets no looking back and not worried about the morality of defaulting, LOL... and wifey on my back about getting a job and being a nicey nice sheep all the whole time too... she's part of the whole thing I can't stand, being a victim I think they call it, so I've been telling her to shove it sideways same as the banks...

Morality regarding defaulting, LOL, it's just business folks..

#34     Jul 15, 2009
  5. sjfan

sjfan

All we need is some dueling banjo in the background... can't make this stuff up...

#35     Jul 15, 2009
  6. <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Uzae_SqbmDE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Uzae_SqbmDE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

#36     Jul 15, 2009
  7. I really dont get how someone can be a trader of all things

living through this circus of a crisis

and not realize that money is just a game

and a largely amoral game of power.

#37     Jul 15, 2009
  8. They lie, that is exactly my problem with what they do.

#38     Jul 15, 2009
  9. sjfan

sjfan

What exactly do they lie about? Were you supposed to care about you in some personal way? You are an inconvenient element in a perfectly normal statistical population. You mean shit to them. If you think any differently, I think you don't really have a grasp on life, nevermind insurance

#39     Jul 15, 2009
  10. People who get behind and default during this period should get cut some slack. We have 10.0% unemployment for heavens sake. Like everyone is saying in our government this is the worse down tern in 70 years.

I can tell you one thing, I have perfect credit and 35 years of it. I am getting treated like I have crappy credit. So what’s the difference?

#40     Jul 15, 2009