Is Atheism a crutch for people who don’t understand the complexity of God?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by sho-tim, Sep 28, 2008.

1. By the way, I put Jayford on ignore yesterday. If he said something further, I really don't care.

Sorry if anyone was offended, but the man needs to stop leaning on certificates from internet diploma mills.

It was no longer worth the effort responding to someone who claims to be educated, but speaks and thinks like he is not.

#51     Sep 30, 2008
  2. Btw, TZ put me on ignore a long time ago.

The Truth

#52     Sep 30, 2008
  3. Why? I never saw any evidence of either in your posts.

You lost any kind of respect I might have had for you when you hammered Einstein as basically just a Zionist.

The century's greatest mind, and obviously, you are little more than a disgruntled Palestinian sympathizer.

You will live your meager life, and vanish eventually as an anonymous, obscure pile of protoplasm.

#53     Sep 30, 2008
  4. jem

jem

perhaps for some.

But for others Dirty Harry as the relevant quote. "a man has got to know his limitations".

And in the case of the what came before the big bang debate science is not on the side of the atheist.

#54     Sep 30, 2008
  5. Certainly not. It clearly favors the Old Testament. Why, that tome is on the desk of every self-respecting, clear-minded research scientist for ready reference. Any phenomenon that cannot be explained by science at the drop of a hat is immediately attributed to Sky Daddy. God conveniently fills in all those pesky, drafty knowledge gaps almost like caulking. In fact the more you readily attribue to God, the less research you are required to do. See? No more homework!
    :p

#55     Sep 30, 2008
  6. The thing is, humanity is not "natural". So whatever it does is also not natural. *Natural* is an attribute of reality. Nothing of form is real. What it does is nothing. When form is made into "something", rather than nothing, it entraps. There are many tricks offered by imagination that form may triumph over spirit. Whatever tempts you to value form as desireable is a tender trap, trapping you in form, for as long as you want.

If your purpose is to escape form, and return to your natural state of unlimitedness, form must be reevaluated, and overcome. It will not be overcome by a sacrifice. It must be seen as valueless, while what is natural is seen as valuable. In this way, the valueless is exchanged for the valuable without sacrifice. It must be without sacrifice, since sacrifice implies that you still want what you think you are letting go. However, you must be given what you want, and will be unable to let it go while you want it. What you want will remain in your experience till you no longer want it.

Jesus

#56     Sep 30, 2008
  7. jem

jem

Note I stated science is not on the side of the Atheist. You seem to be setting up some sort straw man. That is either unsporting or illogical. Did I just detect the knee jerk reaction most atheists feel when they are confronted with logic? Or were you really only joking? To what effect?

I do not think I have ever said or even thought there is "scientific proof" the God of Abraham created the big bang.

- Now if you wish to debate the logic of a Creator of the big bang - create your thesis an see if I take the other side of the argument.

By the way - earlier when I said the only rational argument is the one of the agnostic - that does not mean it is my position. I believe my position is better than rational. But, I do not expect you to believe it.

#57     Sep 30, 2008
  8. Actually, nobody understands the complexity of God. If you did, you'd be...God.

#58     Sep 30, 2008
  9. TZ where was your god when dinosaurs walked the earth? Did he just come along after? Oh wait, I forgot dinosaurs and humans lived side by side.

#59     Sep 30, 2008
  10. I already said I was a theistic evolutionist.

Where was your god when you forgot to learn how to read?

Did you have a point, or do you just like to prove you can use a keyboard without falling out of the chair and banging your head?

#60     Sep 30, 2008