Is Atheism a crutch for people who don’t understand the complexity of God?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by sho-tim, Sep 28, 2008.

1. A crotch, is god, for people who don't understand the complexity of atheism, or evolution.

Religious folk are afraid of sex, never discuss genitals or anything else pertaining to them. That's right-scared of sex.

The jews segregated menstruating woman, as did many other cultures.

When you think about, it, not such a crazy idea, but its why, and how they did it.

Almost every religion, and culture, deifies (up to the point they are raped or put in service to the king or a husband) virginity, why is that?

Pretty obvious, you could get nasty, fatal diseases, the basis of the jewish and islamic traditions of kosher, or halal food.
    A myth, basically, but designed to stop the spread of disease, as they knew it.

Yet it remains, when we can see strep, even identify botulism under a microscope, and have figured out, how to teach people to use condoms and the like.

Not that they are a cure all, but conversely, there are still cults all around the world who would have us believe all these things are simply the work of the devil, rather than natural human behaviours, and natural phenomenon.

#41     Sep 30, 2008
  2. stu

stu

Theism - myth information
    Atheism - myth understood.

#42     Sep 30, 2008
  3. What the hell is wrong with you? Instead of offering ANY support for your position, you just attack others personally. I can't decide if you are a whack job, or just an asshole.

What unfounded statement did I make other than exaggerate that ALL philosophers were atheists? Its still an impressive list.

You STILL haven't responded to my genome question. In fact, you have not given ONE shred of evidence for your own position. You just attack me and others.

C'mon TZ, I am trying here. Please give SOME scientific evidence for your position. ANY. Otherwise you are going straight to the ignore list. I don't need to waste time on someone attacking me personally instead of having a actual discussion.

#43     Sep 30, 2008
  4. Perhaps a better question might be: Is theism a crutch for people who find it easier to believe than to think?

#44     Sep 30, 2008
  5. when you get a great night's rest falling off quickly, never stirring wake up refreshed... that's what death is

all except you ... never wake up :eek:

i wish i had better news for you and me :(

start having a bit o'fun bubby

#45     Sep 30, 2008
  6. jem

jem

yes it is... but then there is a whole tier of people who revolt against their upbringing and decide that it is more intellectual to deny God. They get told that evolution proves the bible to be wrong. And they find comfort that there is whole class of psuedo intellectuals who deny God with them. In fact in many intellectual circles it takes balls to say you believe in God. Anyone who challenges the mostly stupid group of peudo intellectuals comes to a pretty firm understanding of their beliefs and what there difference is between belief and knowledge - given the capacity of the human mind.

The large majority of psuedo intellectuals have never gotten that far. The are typically illogical and irrational.

Personally I believe the only rational position is that you can say we don't have enough solid information to come to a conclusion about how the universe was started or if there is a creator.

The next best argument is that there are so many - unbelievable coincidences taking place our universe - that the universe sure looks designed if you make the assumption there is only on universe. However, if there are an almost infinite number of universes that the design presumption does on hold because if all the possible universes are dealt out - one or more would have been likely to contain us.

#46     Sep 30, 2008
  7. stu

stu

....which would all just go to show how Science is proof without certainty and religion is certainty without proof.

#47     Sep 30, 2008
  8. Just keep at it, jem. I'm sure you'll get it eventually. :D

#48     Sep 30, 2008
  9. Hey, I like that!

#49     Sep 30, 2008
  10. Before faith, there was Reality. When an unlimited mind jumps ship from reality, it uses faith to establish an alt-reality. The mind makes faith a tool, or "law", and then proceeds to fashion unreality with it. It's important to understand that "the universe", so-called, is an alt-reality based on faith. Faith is all that holds this universe together. Man and mountains are faith-based effects. They are not the truth. Faith in truth will cause such appearances to disappear.

It's important to understand that faith in unreality is seen as "natural", now that the unreal has manifested itself as if it were real. The observation of forms is not recognized as an effect of faith. In the case of "the universe", man sees the effectual "evidence" of a very ancient faith in an unlimited mind and presumes it is "natural". Man sees forms because he keeps the faith, that is, he shares in the ancient faith that jumps ship from reality. Man's genesis traces back to the faith that makes "the universe" appear. Man's apparent existence stems from a decision tree, each choice based on faith. And faith is powered by desire. It is the desire to see the unreal as real, the untrue as true.

So, man is a manifestation, and not the truth. An irrational faith attempts to magically reconcile God and man, and make this "the truth". Such is the history of "the universe"...an attempt to reconcile the unlimited with the limited. A rational faith miraculously sees man as false, and God as the truth. Such a faith will reveal what is true, as the false fades away. The false is an obstacle to the sight of the true. The truth has not changed. But the desire to see the false blinds a mind to what always is.

Faith in the false blinds.
    Faith in the truth opens eyes.
    Reason converts the use of faith from a tool of destruction to a tool of reconstruction.

The question is, what do you want to see?

Jesus

#50     Sep 30, 2008