Is Atheism a crutch for people who don’t understand the complexity of God?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by sho-tim, Sep 28, 2008.

1. sho-tim

sho-tim

" Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man, and one in the face of which we with our modest powers must feel humble"-- Einstein

2. Just because Universe is complex it does not mean it was created by biblical god. That is the key mistake people make. What if all of this was created by aliens as a science project?

3. Same rules created the aliens.

4. "I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it." -- Einstein

Einstein was a humanist.

5. i don't know maybe

but to me; no it's just another possibility, just like God's existence is a possibility

the main problem isn't whether God exists or not, it's that so what if he does? what makes him worthy of worship? what makes him even worthy of thinking about, let alone to think if he does or does not exist?

6. Would god allow a trillion dollar derivatives market built on quicksand?

Thus , there is no god.

7. Obviously religion is the one guilty of oversimplifying the concept of God. They think they trapped it in a book like lightning bugs in a jar. Its a mystery, the truth of existence is so far beyond what any primitive culture's mythologies thinks it can describe, that words for that even fall short.

8. "In view of such harmony in the cosmos which I, with my limited human mind, am able to recognize, there are yet people who say there is no God. But what really makes me angry is that they quote me for the support of such views."

-- Einstein

#10     Sep 29, 2008