is astrology in trading any good?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by cole_, Mar 11, 2018.

1. cole_

cole_

self explainatory

2. Astrology, in the market, is as efficient as prayer.
    In case you're slow...your answer is no. Astrology and the Market don't mix and jive well together, at all.

My advice to you, is to join a Trading Academy. -- if you're still lost, and feel you need help and guidance.
    When I started trading way back in 2016....I use to pray everyday, and wear green, and eat Lucky Charms cereal throughout the day.
    It was only when I hit rock bottom in 2017 March...that I realized, being hopeful wasn't the solution to my market and life depression.

In conclusion...my new book, Make Trading and Your Life Great Again...will be on sale at Amazon, September 2018.
    The first 100 book copies will be signed by me. and also a free 8x10 photo of me will be included, which is also autographed.
    The book will detail how I went from working at Popeye's fried chicken...to becoming a millionaire in the market.

Pray or chant to Moses and Jesus Christ. or if you're not that kind of type...just chant to your dog o_O, :confused:
    Don't underestimate the Power...of a peaceful, centered mind in the market.
    When you're trading the market...you're in the Eye of the Storm. To succeed in this game, you need to have all of your life facets intact.
    I almost got electrocuted in February 2017...after a very bad trade loss. I kicked my computer monitor with my flip flop. But I still finished the year $415,900 profitable in the green.

I love creative writing...it's my true passion in life. In High School, I wanted to be a TV show writer. I was inspired by the 90's TV show called Martin. and Sex in the City. I also wanted to be a professional bodybuilder and video game designer. But it was the Housing Crisis in 2008...that opened the trading doors to me. I never knew or dreamt...I could be so fruitfully profitable at this random endeavor I stumbled upon.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
    Nobert, cvds16 and cole_ like this.
  3. JSOP

JSOP

You can try it out and let us know. Find an financial astrologer perhaps this guy http://www.afund.com/hwbio.htm, try him out and find out. Honestly I've never traded by astrology so I am curious about it too.

4. Nobody believes that I pray and check astrology first before logging in and posting on ET.

5. tomorton

tomorton

My astrologer knew you were going to ask this.

Handle123 likes this.
  6. Maybe.

You might check out https://www.rosecast.com/

Has supposedly ranked highly often/sometimes? on Timer Digest

sle likes this.
  7. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

Any good at what? There are astro tendencies and there are astro predictions. Astro-fin predictions, imo, does not account for the human attribute known as freewill... in financial markets, the freewill of the collective. Therefore astro-fin "prediction" is no different than a call to a California kitchen table "psychic". If only you had paid for 2 more minutes!! Looking to financial astrology and mundane astrology for tendencies is a different matter however IMO.

Too complex for details here, but as a futures trader I have been studying, collecting and analyzing data, and using astro-fin since the early 90's. I use planetary hours as ONE COMPONENT for daytrading, and mundane astrology as ONE COMPONENT for bigger, longer term picture analysis. I do not use astro information as a trigger for any trade, in any market, under any circumstance. That's my prerogative... MY freewill.

The works of WD Gann, George Bayer, and Larry Pesavento to name a few can not be overlooked or dismissed. Even Welles Wilder, the creator of RSI and other well-known and widely used indicators got into the moon. One of the better current day astro-fin practioners is Ray Merriman. Arch Crawford is still around too, fwiw.

Sentiment Spectrum likes this.
  8. vanzandt

vanzandt

Not kidding here...Always check the weather in NYC. After a long bleak spell a fresh spring morning or a low humidity July day inspires a "buy" mentality.

Certain changes in the weather inspire people to "make things happen". Its so true, you can see it all around you. If you've ever tried to sell a car, you'll notice it. You will suddenly have several calls in one day after weeks of no calls at all.

Not sure about the stars, but weather definitely affects the human psyche on the buy side.

9. Handle123

Handle123

There is much truth to what the moon can do with tides, scientifically proven, so what does the moon do to us, besides the face looks like Jackie Gleason. I have known some really incredible no name traders in my life that had used the planets and always I have listened in and I agree there is a good system in there to be used. But here is the thing, you can't tell anyone if in one minute, one hour, one day or one decade you will be alive of dead, so everyone predicts when to buy/sell. Astrology is just another tool available, the same as moving averages or monkey throwing darts at Wall Street Journal, it is coin flip till you add other rules dealing with risk management and your account.

10. Apparently there is, it's called technical analysis via chart reading.

#10     Mar 11, 2018