Is arguing with someone online a mild form of psychosis?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ChkitOut, Oct 2, 2012.

1. I thought about this for a second because i was responding to someone on some other message board (not ET) and felt myself getting a little heated on the inside..

Then I thought to myself? This is not good, arguing with an unknown entity in cyberworld is probably crossing into a mental disability state. :eek:

2. pspr

pspr

It's a release. The desire to vent and express your view without the necessity of confronting a friend or acquaintance. Sometimes it gets to the point of increasing stress instead of relieving it. When you feel that happening inside you know you are no longer helping your mental state and should remove yourself from the argument. Of course, egos can prevent us from doing so even with an anonymous stranger.

3. BSAM

BSAM

I just put anybody who disagrees with me on ignore.
    LOL

4. Eight

Eight

if you have a false online persona isn't it ok to be psychotic online then? I mean, what's a little psychoness between online personas?

5. Off the cuff comment, probably there is a book somewhere called the "Art of the Cross". I'd imagiine it's something along the line of not getting pissed off on the witness stand during cross examination.

Ya think LEO get emotional on the witness stand. Nope. Lawyers might consider a victory if they can get the witness to lose their emotional cool.

I remember when I stepped up to management, oh yea, my job was to yell at people and I got pretty pretty good at it. People don't piss me off, that was my job, to piss people off.

Never let them see you sweat.

Just sayin....

6. Well, the post I was going to respond to was deleted, but I think that if you are posting here without either laughing at some of the responses you don't like, or simply shaking your head in disbelief, then you should stop posting. It's just a playground after all. This is not like regular chat rooms IMO.