is apexfutures.com the only spot that has $500 per contract daytrading margin?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by johnpalley, May 19, 2010.

1. i would like to find a similar online broker with a $500 daytrading margin that has a trading platform able to be used on a mac? does one exist?

2. Hi John

You can use our Infinity AT trading platform on a Mac, but you have to be running windows in parallel using a program like Boot Camp.

Craig Ross
    ApexFutures.com

3. go to www.GlobalFutures.com in my opinion, they are simply the best and have many low daytrade margins...

4. craigross, i actually already thought about that but i cant run windows and mac at the same time using bootcamp and i want to be able to do that. i used to have vmware running vista but when i was using it, it lagged alot and i wasnt happy with it? do you think my computer will lag using parallel? i got a macbook pro 2.33 ghz intel core 2 duo processor and my memory is 2gb 667 mhz ddr2 sdram.

5. i just called them up and asked them some questions and they said there platforms dont work on mac. i like how they have no minimum to open an account though. im curious on why you think there the best? im just trying to learn more about them. thanks

6. Hey John

You should have better results running Bootcamp, instead of running Windows and Mac in parallel. Vista isnt the greatest either, do you have XP or Windows 7?

Craig

7. LeeD

LeeD

A month ago a number of brokerages had intraday margin on ES in the range of $500 - $600. By now most brokerages increased margin requirements to account for market volatility in the last 2-3 weeks. If you see they still offer $500 on the Web-site, it's probabbly because ethey haven't updated the Web-site for a while.

8. Hi Lee

Your right, many firms raised their daytrade margins after the May 6th "Flash Crash" and during the '07-'08 madness, but not us. We have had those margins for years without every raising them. Personally, I think it is too dangerous to use that much leverage, but we do offer it should a trader want to use it.

Craig

9. i dont have XP or Windows 7. i really dont want to mess with it if i cant run mac at the same time. i just got off the phone with a mac expert and the guy said my memory was low and that could be the reason for the lag. i got a feeling everything could work out if i add ram and then get parallels with window 7.

does anyone know if its legal to get windows 7 for free somewhere? i was told i needed the 64 bit version

10. 4GB would definitely help out.

#10     May 19, 2010