Is anything wrong with this picture?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Financial Saint, Apr 6, 2010.

1. Bootsie

Bootsie

...and the Canadian Dollar is at par to the USD.

That is the biggest stumper taking into consideration what you mention above.

Which pc. of the puzzle doesn't quite fit?

#11     Apr 6, 2010
  2. Bootsie

Bootsie

...what he said.

#12     Apr 6, 2010
  3. "Switchgrass is the perennial wonder plant touted by President Bush in Tuesday's State of the Union address and in his remarks made today in Nashville, Tenn., where he joked that he could have a new career in farming. "All of a sudden, you know, you may be in the energy business," Bush said. "You know, by being able to grow grass on the ranch and have it harvested and converted into energy. And that's what's close to happening."

Close, but how close? Bush's goal is to increase research into the production of ethanol using such elements as grass and wood chips, which could make it a cost-effective energy source by 2012. The White House says ethanol could potentially amount to 30 percent of the nation's current fuel use.

But some who work in the industry say the research is already well under way, and what's really needed is a commercial plant to convert switchgrass to ethanol on a large scale. "

this is hilarious stuff, but also very very sad.

#13     Apr 6, 2010
  4. noddyboy

noddyboy

Anything that goes up is a bubble to you...

#14     Apr 7, 2010
  5. noddyboy

noddyboy

How is oil at $86 equal to $120 two years ago, especially with inflation? Efficiency is going up with the price of oil, so the impact is not as great after you factor in both inflation and efficiency.

#15     Apr 7, 2010
  6. kashirin

kashirin

your stupidity doesn't have any borders

unemployment is 10% against 5% in 2008
    U6 17% vs 7% in 2008
    incomes are down

and yes inflation as you correctly pointed
    with lower incomes you have to pay more for food and other necessities have you got more money to pay for gas?

does that say you something?

#16     Apr 7, 2010
  7. now people don't commute as much because they stay home and watch tv instead of working 2hrs away from home. so they don't spend as much on gas.

#17     Apr 7, 2010
  8. kashirin

kashirin

we talk about early economic recovery right?
    If you read my previous points I said further price increase will kill any recovery

during economic recovery people must do something else than watching TV

so definitely with $120 oil we will have more people watching TV at home

but I guess watching TV at home is direct opposite to economic recovery

#18     Apr 7, 2010
  9. Anyone who believes wasting farm land to produce essentially the par of gasoline is a fool. I would much rather eat my veggies for cheap, than drive for cheap with the status quo fuel.

Long(er)-term fundamentals support high oil and gasoline prices. Supply and demand are still historically tight. Oil is a very rare resource and should be replace with something that is clean and easily reproducible. Stop this non-nonsensical blabber about plant based fuels.

-Long term fundamentals support higher borrowing costs for the US
    -Measly growth Expectation support current market prices
    -Long term fundamental supply-demand support current market prices for most commodities couples with slow erosion of dollar purchasing power.

Now if we flop expectations then the situation is drastically changed...

#19     Apr 7, 2010