Is anyone using Divergence successfully?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by MarketAddict, Jan 16, 2012.

1. There are better ways to prove me wrong.

You could post a detailed backtest study showing the positive expectancy or you could post live calls with clear stop placement in a timely fashion to shut me up, but no, instead an egotistical response is what I got.

#41     Jan 19, 2012
  2. Are you as dumb as you sound? You're the egotistical laughable and usual ET'er. Go read my post again. Read about the big inability to backtest divergences.

You should be taking off your expert hat more often; if you did, maybe divergence recognition would allow you to better judge a move in the coming days and weeks. Instead you throw it out as useless. Maybe you wouldn't be able to recognize the most lucrative system ever if it were presented to you on a silver platter because you act like such a bozo. Out.

#42     Jan 20, 2012
    Teycir likes this.
  3. timdug

timdug

No one contributing anything of real value to this thread which is a let down. I'm a momentum trader and find divergence very useful in combination with other factors. The way I add divergence into my mix is to use it on a 15min chart to tell me where intermediate 'out edges of value' are and where it is moving to. It is also helpful to add in the context of opening price is on the day and the market profile value area is.
    I agree that it is not a simple grail indicator. Its just another helpful item. I ran a thinkorswim backtest and it told me the expectancy was around 400% but there is simply NO WAY from looking at the entries and exits that that was a reality, so I have no faith in TOS backtesting.

#43     Oct 7, 2018
  4. You trade price actions not technical indicators

#44     Oct 7, 2018
    timdug likes this.