Is anyone using Divergence successfully?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by MarketAddict, Jan 16, 2012.

1. ..........................................

then you should show us all how it is done.

start posting up some pics.

s

#11     Jan 16, 2012
  2. Tell you the truth, I only bactested for 2 weeks manually. 2 weeks or a month of ok results from backtesting usually peak my interest. And then from there I will usually start bactesing some more. But I was just curious if anyone here was using div successfully.

I'm using the RSI for bactesing.

#12     Jan 16, 2012
  3. Hi Shop,

I read over your thread and I was wondering if you could post some of your wonderful signals as they are setting up? Will you be able to post some of your setups in realtime?

Thanks in advance

#13     Jan 16, 2012
  4. This is how a Div looks like (pic below). Maybe other people have their own definition so please do whatever what works for you.

Anyways, this trade is pretty risky because you are going against the trend. But notice how the large green candle covered the large red candle (pretty sweet). I would of definitely taken this trade with ease.

• div.jpg
      File size:
      341.9 KB
      Views:
    #14     Jan 16, 2012
  5. I've had GREAT success coupling a MACD, RSI, and Full Sto divergence with a price double bottom.

Example: BAC daily chart. 33% potential if you bought on support. I got in on that huge green candle. :D

#15     Jan 16, 2012
  6. Addict,

try overlaying a 60-minute UNTOUCHED (8-Bar Strength) Swing Low / Swing High on your chart and see if you can find instances in which divergence is occurring at support/resistance....let us know what you come up with.....

#16     Jan 16, 2012
  7. Divergences occur because oscillators are based on price but are not price, therefore, at some given point, depending on the formula of the oscillator, a divergence will occur.

The joke is on you into thinking that this phenomenon holds great value. On the contrary it just shows the ignorance and the lack of experience in the trader.

Crazy A

#17     Jan 16, 2012
  8. you guys are a riot. et phone home.

#18     Jan 16, 2012
  9. You get even greater oddz if the same picture is also on the next higher chart time frame.

I look for the buy signal on the daily and weekly chart, plus the various divergii.

It also helps to go with the direction of the general market indices.

$$$

:D

#19     Jan 16, 2012
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

I doubt it, but anything is possible.

#20     Jan 16, 2012