Is anyone trading the Nikkei 225 Mini?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Schaefer, Sep 3, 2007.

1. The size order goes:

N225 1000*10 y

SGXNK 500*5 y

N225M 100*5 y

So IB offers a really nice set of choices ... but don't forget STW and SPI :)

#21     Sep 3, 2007
  2. #22     Sep 3, 2007
  3. I've been watching and papertrading the STW the last few weeks, and my impressions are that it is more thin and volitile than the Nikkei contracts, probably due to its .10 tick size. For example, it doesn't appear to "respect" S/R areas created by swing highs and lows quite as well. Also, when it gets booking in one direction, it often doesn't provide nice reaction pullbacks for safe trend-following entries... it just keeps moving in one direction much farther than you would expect. It seems to reward the momentum style trader cause it can get off and running, but this is not my style (where do you place your stop if you enter like that?). I like the hours/margin/tick value though; I just need to figure out how to tame that beast.

I fully realize it has nothing on the HSI though for volitility... Kiwi probably gets drowsy trading STW.

#23     Sep 3, 2007
  4. Schaefer

Schaefer

#24     Sep 3, 2007
  5. Of course, as I say this, STW is in a beautiful trending channel ove the last 2 hours (after the initial freak-out move to the south).

#25     Sep 3, 2007
  6. Positively relaxed filter_sweep. If you want the trend entries you may need to drop to a lower timeframe for your retracements.

Compare its volume with the other three Nk options tradestar and you'll see where everyone else is trading.

#26     Sep 3, 2007
  7. Schaefer

Schaefer

Hi, Learner2007, it's good to know that, you have first hand experience with the Mini. What's your opinion on the Mini? I was looking at the daily chart, and it's definitely scary to hold it over night. The openings, and closings are all over the place :)

Schaefer

#27     Sep 3, 2007
  8. Schaefer

Schaefer

#28     Sep 3, 2007
  9. ok...i get what you mean now. :)

#29     Sep 4, 2007
  10. Schaefer

Schaefer

N225 Mini daily chart. Definitely not holding anything overnight.

Schaefer

#30     Sep 4, 2007