Is anyone trading the Nikkei 225 Mini?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Schaefer, Sep 3, 2007.

1. Ok, thanks kiwi_trader. I'll be checking it out next week.

#111     Dec 14, 2007
  2. Do yourself a favour and check out STW as well.

$10 per tick ($100 * 0.1 points per tick) and a nicer trender/mover than Nikkei.

Not saying you won't like nik but have a glance at taiwan while you're there :)

#112     Dec 14, 2007
  3. Schaefer

Schaefer

Hi, Powerfade,

Just like Kiwi had explained, it moves in 5 tick increments. So, it's 500 Yen per movement. The liquidity is huge (a few thousand contracts on each side), and spread is almost always minimum.

HA candles are drawn exactly like the regular candles, just the calculations are different. I'm not sure what you mean by revising themselves after they've been drawn, but once the bar is closed, it's closed, there are no more changes to that candle, period :confused:

I like to look at them once in a while, because they're pretty :D but I trade off of my scalping chart. This one is from last night. The movements have been great lately, due to the volatility from our US markets.

Schaefer

#113     Dec 14, 2007
  4. Ok, thanks kiwi and Schaefer. I'll have a look at both this week.

Schaefer, now I'm going to have to spend the next 5 hours (days, weeks) trying to figure out how you're generating those arrows

:)

#114     Dec 16, 2007
  5. pabmove

pabmove

Can you short the Nikkei 225 mini? I know for HK stocks you can't for retail traders (don't know about HK futures).

What about SGX, any restrictions there too?

I'm with IB BTW.

#115     Jun 27, 2008
  6. def

def Sponsor

i don't know of any equity index futures that you can't short. there are no restrictions on futures.

#116     Jun 27, 2008
  7. pabmove

pabmove

Thank Q!

Nice thread BTW, I've tried stocks but annoying volatile and I got tired of chasing stocks ..........

Now, I'm really getting hooked on futures. Don't know why people still trade stocks as there is a lot of work just to make some money.

#117     Jun 27, 2008
  8. Opcodes

Opcodes

there are 3 mini nikkei 225 contracts now but jsx is the most liquid

#118     Jun 23, 2020