Is anyone tired of seeing pink every week in the NFL?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ChkitOut, Oct 8, 2012.

1. hughb

hughb

That page set off my anti-virus alerts.
    It also gave me a Java pop-up even though I already have java installed.

#11     Oct 8, 2012
  2. hughb

hughb

Now WTF? My browser shut down.

#12     Oct 8, 2012
  3. I have neither problem. Maybe you should stop using a Commodore 64.

#13     Oct 8, 2012
  4. I remembr last year, seems like every product on wall mart shelves had a pink ribbon. I suppose since we can't decorate for Halloween or Christmas, mass marketers will decorate everything pink for a cause.

I don't like it.

We become a nation of beggars. Please donate "for a cause".

Everybody has their hand out, asking for money.

Health care is our biggest sport, that is all we talk about.

Who has cancer, who just got over cancer and who is waiting to get cancer.................. 24/7..............

#14     Oct 8, 2012
  5. Not going to click your link, but I think we are the on the same page. No I don't think they are all of pure intentions. My experience with United Way is a good example. They are an organization that does good, but uses strong arm tactics to promote their cause. I don't miss going to work and dealing with them harrassing me every year through my employer who is too afraid to just say no.

#15     Oct 8, 2012
  6. OP, it's just a concern about good healthy breasts

#16     Oct 8, 2012
  7. yeah, but they don't have to shove them in our face. :D whoa, whad i say?:D

#17     Oct 9, 2012
  8. wartrace

wartrace

I think the NFL knows its demographics and realizes that football draws a lot of women fans. The same thing can be said, even more so, about baseball. The two biggest baseball fans I ever knew were women.

Face it, why wouldn't women be fans of these sports? It is "televised guy watching"...as far as you guys that spend hours every week checking out the dudes man-handle each other.....I don't get it:D

I played baseball, a little football and hockey as a youth but watching other people do it just doesn't seem very appealing.

#18     Oct 9, 2012
  9. I think the NFL knows its demographics

------------------

I disagree.

Breast cancer research is looking for donations and to sell services. There is an untapped audience out there - sports fans.

A few years I'm sure we'll see ads on tv - mammograms for men.

#19     Oct 9, 2012
  10. Men get breast cancer too.

#20     Oct 9, 2012