Is Anyone Making Money In Currency Trading?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by YYNOTT, Jul 12, 2003.

1. hey john.

thanks for the confirmation of what i have experienced thus far. in my opinion , the research involved is way more interesting than equity research since it encompasses global events.

best,

surfer

#51     Jul 16, 2003
  2. In the forex chat people were talking about the expensive spreads. But for a $100K lot, it costs $50 (5 pips) to cross the market. A similar position in ES would be 2 contracts. To cross the market in ES would cost $25 (spread) + $9.60 (commiss) = $34.60.

The costs are close, but any rapid fire forex trading would get too expensive.

#52     Jul 16, 2003
  3. Andre

Andre

#53     Jul 16, 2003
  4. corvus

corvus

Amen brother. I came in late last night, saw a setup, put in a bracket, and woke up with 65 pips profit

The other day, same thing...I came home from work, saw a setup, put in a bracket, went out for a drink with friends, came back to 15 pips. :)

#54     Jul 16, 2003
  5. corvus

corvus

Thanks surf and Andre for hooking that up...sorry I couldn't attend in person, but the transcript was useful!

#55     Jul 16, 2003

6. cool ! nice work, corvus !

surfer:)

#56     Jul 16, 2003
  7. Out of curiosity, after market forex trading ... do you guys see any noticeable difference?

#57     Jul 16, 2003
  8. Hey Andre, thanks for the session, it's been REALLY helpful.
    Nice going, nice initiative, nice forum ...

Keep up the good work!

#58     Jul 17, 2003
  9. rezo_s

rezo_s

Forex market are not easy to trade, but are much more atractive in terms of liquidity. Most probably you know that theres no such thing as easy money... Forex is jungle. Cruel market, but as someone not new to it I belive this is best market to trade. I'm not in stage of diversifying my money into different market and tell you the truth, as long as I am doing ok in forex, its of no interest for me to look at other markets. No other market can offer such liquidity and consiquently such opportunities. Again, its not easy market to trade, and statisticly (not confirmes statistics, but thats the word out there) 95% of individual invertors here loose their money. Most of them take demo trading and are achieving great results. Afterwards, believing to be able to do the same with real money, they open account, wire funds and...oops - money gone. This is very dinamic market we're talking about, and one should have very flaxible system of trading. In addition, money managment should regulate your trading...Descipline is what brings success. I have lots to say, but if anyone interested in forex, there is a great place on the web with discussions, recommendations, general issues...and more. I dont know how well will be interpreted if I link to other forum here, so if interested, I will put a link. Though I belive many know what forum I'm talking about.

Anyways, good trading, everyone, whatever you trade :)
    Rezo.

#59     Jul 17, 2003
  10. DT-waw

DT-waw

You only *believe* it's a best market. Statistics show that CTA's have higher returns with lower drawdowns trading financials & metals futures than currencies. If you compare commission (or spread) costs to volatility - fin & metals are way more attractive.
    Yes, FX is far more liquid. So what? Unless you trade with ~ $100M+ it won't be any advantage. One more thing: I'm very sceptical whether anyone can make money over the long period of time by day trading FX with 4 pips spread...

#60     Jul 17, 2003