Is anyone making a good living???

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by peppermint, Jul 26, 2006.

1. It's a simple question. Is anybody making a good living just by daytrading the futures markets?

The limited intraday range, high slippage/spreads and commissions seem almost insurmountable.

Hindsight traders need not comment.

Thanks.

2. yes

3. Dogfish

Dogfish

Yes, but you need to be trading with direct access to the exchange from a dedicated shop. I should think it very difficult through an internet broker.

4. Yes. Retail. Microswings. Trading with IB, ZerolineTrader, Sierra Chart. HSI futures (but Nikkei and SPI would be ok as well).

5. Yep.

However, your definition of a good living may be different than anyone else definition of a good living.

Also, if your seeing limited intraday range, high slippage et cetera...

Something is wrong as in what your trading.

By the way, what are you trading to see limited intraday range and high slippage???

Mark

6. lwlee

lwlee

Too early to say but it looks good. I'll feel more definitive once the one year anniversary has happened. It's possible through an internet broker. I use IB.

7. syrre

syrre

Yes :)

8. Yes, "a good living" is relative.

By limited intraday range, I mean the range is not usually as great as a weekly or monthly range. High slippage/spread refers to the bid/ask difference plus any slippage. The ER2 for example is nearly .30 per single trade inclusive of commissions...

Apologies for not making myself clear in the initial post.

Thanks for your reply.

9. Any recomendations?

10. Kiwi, how do you find the HSI?

I just started on that (8 days), before that I trade equity.

#10     Jul 31, 2006