Is Anyone Left Short?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Pabst, Jan 20, 2004.

1. Can you not dance between the periodicity's?

It was absolutely the right play to be short into last night close just as it was absolutely the right play to get long on today's strength.

Whether you pretend to be a Trader or Prognosticator, it's all about green on the screen.

Dr. Zhivodka

#21     Jan 21, 2004
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

This market has not downticked in 9 months, how could last night be a good short opportunity?

#22     Jan 21, 2004
  3. I suppose the gap down and early morning sell off would be a good clue.

#23     Jan 21, 2004
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

OK, well I wasn't referring to daytraders but position traders.

#24     Jan 21, 2004
  5. Like I said, dancing between the periodicity's

Regardless if you trade 1) day 2) swing 3) position or 4) all of the above, it's all the same market.

Green on the screen.

#25     Jan 21, 2004
  6. If that wasn't someone capitulating at 3:00 (and someone else selling into it), I don't know the meaning of the word. It actually looked like my IB screen was shaking right at the top! (IB SFX?) :)

#26     Jan 21, 2004
  7. Cutten

Cutten

This assumes that trading intraday or swing trading does not affect your position trading.

Personally I would not want to risk losing out on a good long-term trade for the sake of avoiding a minor retracement.

#27     Jan 22, 2004
  8. Okay, I'll ask you this hypothetical:

Do find it possible in your trading to be short bunch of NQ intraday while at the same time holding an entire sector of say Homebuilders, Gold's or Banks as a position?

If yes, then that's all I'm talking about.

If no, then I find that baffling.

But it's cool either way. To each his own.

#28     Jan 22, 2004
  9. ElCubano

ElCubano

im short the hiiisouzzze on the cubes @ 37.49 and took a stab yesterday at surf dudes TKTX call,,, was almost stopped out this morning on tktx...............................

#29     Jan 22, 2004
  10. Still holding up at 1142.50

:)

#30     Jan 22, 2004