Is anyone here subscribed to Dan Zanger's site?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by dave74, Sep 2, 2008.

1. wtf would you want to sue Zanger? Grow a set man and take responsibility for your actions.

#11     Sep 3, 2008
  2. C'mon! Quarterly membership is $219. If your site was even half way successful, you'd be making a few hundred k per year and you're telling me you can't afford $219 so you can sue someone supposedly stealing your stock tips?!? Sounds like someone hoping for pm's to me...

#12     Sep 3, 2008
  3. I just cant ever believe people can be profitable and sell their calls/research for such little amount.

I wouldnt give mine up for 1000X as much.

#13     Sep 3, 2008
  4. Has anyone used this service recently?

#14     Sep 4, 2008
  5. lassic

lassic

go to the true source, gilmoreport.com

a better pedigree and verifiable track record

#15     Sep 4, 2008
  6. dave74

dave74

That's a fair question. I wonder that too. I know for a fact things like Wizetrade, Investools, Options made easy, etc etc, don't work. As a newbie investor, I bought and tried Investools. If any of those systems worked, none of them would selling it.

However, I find Zanger intriguing. I think he gets real gratification from showing other traders his knowledge. If you're good at something, you want to show it off sometimes. It certainly applied for myself, and most people I know. Also, those systems can't be just tried for one month for a small or free fee. They cost thousands, so once you find out they don't work, you're out $4000. However, with Zanger, you could try his site free for 2 weeks. I think that's more than enough time to see if his site works.

I hope to try his free trial one day, and let you all know about the results.

#16     Sep 4, 2008
  7. Don't like it. The site home page locks you in (for inflated visitor numbers) and no performance record is posted. Pass.

#17     Sep 4, 2008
  8. W4rl0ck

W4rl0ck

Get the IBD 100 and start looking for breakouts/downs from patterns on volume.

That's essentially DZ's method.

If you can't do that on your own then pay someone to do it for you - DZ, etc.

You're welcome.

#18     Sep 4, 2008
  9. dave74

dave74

Actually, I've already tried IBD. Was sadly disappointed. I paper traded tons of its IBD 100 recommendations and the results were laughable. Up til that point, I was a huge fan of IBD and William Oneill. But after seeing the results with my own eyes, I realized that the stuff just doesn't work (for me anyways).

Another sign that IBD doesn't work is the funds that use the CANSLIM system. This company, www.dhcm.com, used to manage it, and posted the results, which were very poor. It underperformed the S&P by a wide margin. Interestingly, they don't even manage it anymore and there is no now more info on its past performance. Believe me, it was bad.

http://www.dhcm.com/CAN-SLIM%C2%AE-Select-Growth-Fund-Overview/35

http://www.maxfunds.com/?q=node/13

Other google searches about CANSLIM funds will say the same thing.

#19     Sep 4, 2008
  10. W4rl0ck

W4rl0ck

You have to TRADE it yourself not follow IBD recommendations.

Pattern breakouts/downs on VOLUME.

#20     Sep 4, 2008