Is anyone here still trading NQ intraday?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Gabfly1, Mar 25, 2010.

1. I ask because it hasn't been getting much mention lately. Admittedly, it has recently had some periods of relatively low volatility. And so, I'm curious to know if I'm one of the last holdouts here, ignoring the winds of change, clinging steadfastly to the NQ vine.

2. I could have sworn I heard a cricket.

3. I think even the crickets left. lol

The nas100, dow, and s&p500 all have such a tight correlation that one is the same as another, so you might as well only trade the most liquid.

Plus, one single tick in ES covers both sides of commission plus puts double that much coin in your pocket. YM and NQ barely cover commission with 1 tick.

4. I suppose it depends on what you're looking for. When I chose NQ, I looked at both setup reliability and volatility as measured by directional movement in relation to ~average bar range in my chosen time frame. At the time, NQ scored better overall than ES for my purposes, and better in terms of setup reliability than YM and ER2 (now TF). I suppose NQ is less glamorous than some of the hot markets that everyone talks about on ET, but it still gets the job done. I just didn't know it had such a dismal following here.

P.S. When I started trading NQ instead of ES, NQ's tick size was still $10. However, I prefer the $5 tick size for the contract's current size. I wouldn't mind a $10 tick size again if NQ went to $40 a point.

5. how do you trade it care to share :confused:

6. Not really. Not in any meaningful detail, anyway. But thanks for asking.

7. if you refuse to contribute to your thread why would you expect anyone else to :confused:

8. moderator, the OP admitted that he doesn't intend to commit his resources to his own thread, please remove this to chit/chat.. the thread is without support from OP and lacks substance :confused:

9. Moderators, kindly ignore KTS, who clearly is a jerk. And now on ignore, which is a rare action for me.

M. Taon, yes, I still trade it, though why I am clueless. Every day. Once. Whether it makes sense or not. But you already knew that. Just trying to be nice. For a change.

10. it is amazing to me that people are not running to trade the TF (miniRussell2000)...got more volume than the YM and better point value than the NQ....lower commisions as on the ICE...hmmm?

#10     Mar 25, 2010