Is anyone here profitable?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by QuantWizard, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Bob111

Bob111

btw-according to latest stats-savings at the banks are at all time high levels.which makes me think that your grandma aren't buying this market. probably cause she lost it all back in 2007-9

#11     Apr 25, 2013
  2. But grandma has been buying s$p every month for 20+ years....

Sure if she is trying to time the market 5 years at a time she'll soak her depends.

If joe six pack buys s$p every month the next 20 years I bet they beat the vast majority of traders.

My point being, not many here are profitable in relation to long term cost averaging into the s$p.

#12     Apr 25, 2013
  3. Bob111

Bob111

--My point being, not many here are profitable in relation to long term cost averaging into the s$p.---

you probably correct on this one. my biggest mistake is that i didn't invest my profits from daytrading(cause i'm scared to death of losing it and spoiled by steady returns) like your grandma did. big mistake..HUGE(pretty woman) :)

#13     Apr 25, 2013
  4. Hey and if you can find something else that works for you beside grandma's method , then great you've accomplished something many haven't.

Now you can share with the OP your method and its metrics since that is what this discussion is about. :)

OP I have only seen 3 different profitable individual traders' statements for a period of 5 years or more.

I agree it is hard to find a method with performance to back it up from an individual successful trader willing to share it.

Forexfactory has leaderboards of actual live trades linked to peoples brokerage accounts. A lot of those curves are scary :)

#14     Apr 25, 2013
  5. How do you know ahead of time if it's going to go sideways or trend?

Agree with both of those.

I do the opposite because I'm unable to make adding to winners work for me since I don't know how long a trend will go for.

#15     Apr 25, 2013
  6. nkhoi

nkhoi

if you are federal worker that is pretty much given.

#16     Apr 25, 2013
  7. dholliday

dholliday

Truer words were never spoken.

P.S. Thanks for the laugh.

#17     Apr 25, 2013
  8. best advice I got in the last year, "Just assume anybody you are talking to on ET is losing money."

#18     Apr 25, 2013
  9. TILT2

TILT2

Are most of the people on ET actually losing money?

#19     Apr 26, 2013
  10. I know I am today, and have this week, and have this month and have this year

#20     Apr 26, 2013