Is anyone here counter trade in strong trending future mkt?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by manz66, Mar 15, 2004.

1. manz66

manz66

Maybe shorts are fast mover than longs. So, you stay in the mkt less time. :)

#21     Mar 17, 2004
  2. manz66

manz66

This is exactly what I am doing, but wait for divergence in the indicators (macd, cci, stoch) too. Thank you.

#22     Mar 17, 2004
  3. manz66

manz66

Jack thanks for your idea, by bunching bars to get the rhythm of the mkt in different fractals. So, you can do SCT trading.

#23     Mar 17, 2004
  4. manz66

manz66

Have some dignity. :mad:

#24     Mar 17, 2004
  5. nitro

nitro

#25     Mar 17, 2004
  6. Cheese

Cheese

Manz66, I note your reference to the 'morning reversal strategy', which expects "major stock indices to revert to the previous day's closing price in the early minutes of the trading session".

It would be too uncertain for me.

I have a complete detailed system. That strategy would not have worked on the DOW today for example.

Without getting into all the surrounding research and back data you would need, you would have had to apply the requisite range/gap-up index/formula to anticipate todays rise from Open.

Sure, you could also have bought the Open on instinct this morning - each to his own, of course, as always.

#26     Mar 17, 2004
  7. I've noticed I have the same tendency too -- I have some theories
    about it...

1) Short side moves faster than the long side so you are usually
    confirmed faster and there is less time to see something wrong
    with the trade and bail.

2) There is the added psych benefit of having the random
    catastrophe angle covered when you are short (think 9-11).

Whatever the reasons... once you have a feedback loop going
    with shorts more emotionally comfortable you've got a bad habit
    on your hands... bias is a killer.

JT

#27     Mar 17, 2004
  8. nasdorq

nasdorq

Jack thank you for the reply. I know nobody likes a thread jammed with thankyou messages, but since you took the time I wanted to let you know it was appreciated.

#28     Mar 17, 2004
  9. Simply go stand on your head.

#29     Mar 17, 2004
  10. The discussion here is about that is unfamiar to you. Your reference is to something other than what is being discussed here.

It is never going to be possible for you to understand what I discuss for a whole load of reasons.

If you ever think you know what is being addressed, then rethink it until you dtermine that you do not know what is going on.

Tap is not tape. And also tape is not tap.

You do tap

I do tape.

This is why you think the thread is funny. You are not understanding anything and so it is appropriate for you to have a laugh.

You make us laugh too.

What is well known to us is that a picture is created when a person understands "taping out" the 20/80 region of STOC. What we do mentally is unroll some electrical tape (black is preferred) and we place it so it fits exactly between the 20 and 80 % on the STOC.

We also use "tape" on a specific kind of channel.

We are not doing woodpecker stuff here.

While you seem to be pecking away at zillions of knot holes you "see"; it could be that you look like a road runner shooting off in all directions and having litttle, if any, reading comprehension.

What a dumb and stupid post you have made.

#30     Mar 17, 2004