Is anyone having problems contacting Tradestation by email today?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Splat, Aug 25, 2003.

1. Splat

Splat

I have sent emails to Tradestation Client Services and Customer Care and they came back with the following errors:

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

To: "'CustomerCare'" <CustomerCare@TradeStation.com>
    Subject: Problem with email
    Sent: 08/25/03 01:17 PM

The following recipient(s) could not be reached: CustomerCare@tradestation.com on 08/25/03 01:17 PM
    The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address.
    <FL01GFI01>

Same error with client services too!!!

I was wondering if they had made all their Customer Care and Client Services people redundant!!!

Imran

2. I'm not sure if there is a connection but TradestationWorld,com has been down all weekend and today and has this message showing:

"
    We apologize for the inconvenience.

TradeStationWorld forums are temporarily unavailable due to a maintenance update.
    We do not expect this maintenance to take more than one hour.

Please try back again later.
    "

I especially like the part about the hour wait.

DS

3. Splat

Splat

Doug, If the timeline on the features they are adding to TS7 is
    anything to go buy then that 1 hr probably means God knows
    how many hrs. They have been delaying and delaying features
    to their sw since the beginning of the year...

Splat

4. Probably virus related problems...like many others. :mad:

5. what argument can someone make for using TS 7.1 for $2400 a year, when 2000i is available for a one-time $200 fee + data feed?

If all you needed was realtime, you could literally feed 2000i from IB for the $100 cost of the special software to do so.

I am chewing on this question right now. For the number of headaches involved, I think the cost is unjustifiable. Sometimes I think they should be paying me since it seems like I do all of their beta testing.

Nobody over there is using the software in any sophisticated way to identify bugs, and they're definitely not monitoring data integrity real-time, because it feels like i call them about some sort of data problem that takes a whole day to fix almost once a week.

It's so sad, it seems like there's no passion for the product over there. ...Like they just got it far enough ahead and then stopped trying. I think they will definitely lose out in the long run if they don't do some serious innovation and upkeap on their services. EL is almost like Bloomberg terminal email, the one major thing that keeps all of the long time users hooked. Aside from that, this product is behind the curve, and their expectation management is abysmal. I wonder if they secured some really tight patents when they wrote EL, that make it particularly difficult for competitors to copy.

6. I thought TS7 was only about $100/month with an account opened? Therefore, this would be the price of esignal data feed to TS2000!

Using IB as a datafeed does not allow you to download historical data.

Bob

7. zxcv1fu

zxcv1fu

I thought TS is $99.5 + $19 data for stock & future. Is it correct? I am thinking about switching from Real Tick.

8. Bob111

Bob111

Heh Vanilla... i told you-if you have some extra money-just give it to me. don't waste them on all this software bs.
    it worth nothing(like everything else) not even $300 :D :D :D
    BTW-how are you doing? how was the trading?