Is anyone getting sick of the Olympics already?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by turkeyneck, Aug 7, 2008.

1. In 2010 the winter olympics will be held in Vancouver. Know who Vancouver narrowly defeated to win the games?

Answer = Pyongyang, North Korea.

A good chunk of the North Korean population is starvig to death and the IOC thinks it's a good idea to let them waste money hosting a big party. Just pitiful.

#31     Aug 13, 2008
  2. ROFL

it was PyeongChang, South Korea....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Winter_Olympics_bids

#32     Aug 14, 2008
  3. I'm not sick of the Olympics; I'm sick of the communists cheating on everything. Typical China. Hank Paulson must be their Olympic Coordinator.

#33     Aug 14, 2008
  4. #34     Aug 14, 2008
  5. years from now, they will write about the cheating in the same way as has been written about the east germans in the 70s.

#35     Aug 14, 2008
  6. I watched some badmitton while on the treadmill this morning....Im sorry....but this is an olympic sport? When they took breaks i kept expecting them to grab a beer and a hot dog at a picnic table.:confused:

#36     Aug 14, 2008

7. You think cheating is an issue??? Im still shocked that there is not a bigger outrage about the girls gymnastics...the announcer very calmly said " although we are not judging, most of the girls were taken from their homes when they were three or four and only see their family once a year::confused: :confused: :confused

#37     Aug 14, 2008