Is anyone getting sick of the Olympics already?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by turkeyneck, Aug 7, 2008.

1. ....and POOOF!!!..Just like that your wish came true...Two Americans stabbed to death today and then the killer committed suicide. The Dead inlcude the father of a former Olympic athlete.....be careful what you wish for

#21     Aug 9, 2008
  2. Truly a sad, sad story.

How have you been btw, brother?

#22     Aug 9, 2008
  3. Yeah, but the winter olympics rock!!
    Ok, apart form figure skating-and curling-i just figure, there are more great spectator sports, is the thing.
    If i want to see people going as fast as they can, then i want to see them hurtling down a slope at unnatural speeds, not running around, and around a track.
    If their going to do that-put skates on 'em, get the speed up a bit.

Marathon, boring, why not put 'em on skies and give em a gun!
    I like the winter olympics:)

#23     Aug 10, 2008
  4. I never said that; I don't wish anyone to get hurt, I said; I never wished to hurt anyone

there's a big difference between those two. Wishing to hurt someone and wishing someone to get hurt

and as you already know; the news you have posted has nothing to do with my wish, there is a certain average number of fucking people that get murdered everyday

#24     Aug 10, 2008
  5. But you already stated, people being killed in unfortunate circumstances is gravy to you.

You even started a separate thread, regarding that fact.

It's still fucked up, dude.
    Im not gonna go all "oprah" on you, and say, well, its all ok, your just suffering from "emotional overload", i think your a sociopath, and possibly dangerous, no question.

you dont work for US post, by any chance?

#25     Aug 10, 2008
  6. i don't know i guess you can say it is fucked up, but it's not illegal

no I work for TSA

#26     Aug 10, 2008
  7. TM, although I understand your sentiment, you have to realize that professional atheletes were participating in the Olympics long before Kobe, the Venus sisters, even the original Dream Team.

Most of the Eastern Bloc teams were totally professional. The athletes themselves would have official jobs, but it was just cover for them to train for competition. And train they did. Training and competing for Olympic gold was their job.

This is why the Miracle On Ice in '80 was so impressive - the Soviets the amateur American hockey team beat was professional in everything but official designation. They were all officially Red Army soldiers on active duty, but the fact of the matter is that hockey was their job and what they did day in and day out.

#27     Aug 10, 2008
  8. anyone see that weightlifter that got fu#$%ed up?

they surrounded him with shields, like a horse that had broken its leg in a race.

did they shoot him?

#28     Aug 13, 2008
  9. no one saw that incident? or were you so horrified you cant bring yourself to talk about it?

#29     Aug 13, 2008
  10. maxpi

maxpi

the only thing worse is after a big quake in Los Angeles... the reporters can talk for hours about how their building shook...

#30     Aug 13, 2008