Is anyone getting rich out there?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by ftrade, Apr 24, 2005.

1. Well, try it. Only then you will be able to tell if YOU can make money. That's highly dependable on so many things that even if everybody here were making money you still might NOT be able to do so.

I suggest trading with the trend. At least you won't lose your money as fast as when trading against the trend...

#51     Apr 25, 2005
  2. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

I can just see myself 14 years ago reading Ken Robbins's course on how to make money in futures and imagining $$$$$$$$$$ that I made with my $5000 account! Well, now, ... 14 years later I see someone else's post and I think to myself. Hell, no matter what we, seasoned traders, say to this guy he will not listen. He needs to spit blood on his own. So, welcome to the Disease! What kind of ulcers do you prefer? :D

#52     Apr 25, 2005
  3. Yes, close to 11 years in the business and I feel the same. I remember the day I quit my job to trade. No one could convince me that I should wait. I'm glad thats over with. Well I guess you have to just smile and hope for the best. At least I'm not pushing a shopping cart down the street. Speaking of pushing shopping carts, my "dumpster" posts are usually good for a laugh when things aren't going well and you need some comic relief.

Take care,

Lefty

#53     Apr 25, 2005
  4. The original poster is a total moron. WE should encourage him to trade so that we can watch the market burn him bad, and then he will be posting bitter threads for the next 5 years. I laugh because he says that he loves the market and yet it appears that he has never traded, so HOW can you love the market ; FOOL!

I can not believe how many naive little children post threads declaring that they love the markets and trading (when they know ZERO about either) and even more pathetic is when they declare that THEY know that they will be a success. Most trading firms have tremendous trouble picking potential recruits because it is IMPOSSIBLE to predict how good a person will be in advance. Yet these people don't just think, they actually know that they will be star traders. The fact is that these are the kind of ignorant mugs that will lose all their cash in a short space of time, lambs to the slaughter plain and simple. It is so obvious that the guy is obsessed with money, he probably is some college loser with a Ferrari poster on his bedroom wall that thinks it is his destiny to be the next George Soros. My advice is get a life and grow up, or failing that borrow all the cash you can get your hands on and put your money where your mouth is, because the market will slap the grin off of your face inside of 5 seconds.

The amusing thing is that this sort of person will generally listen to the most foolish, get rich quick type of advice. And so I have every confidence that this arrogant pretender will come begging for advice on bankruptcy proceedings before he will come back to gloat of his millions of dollars.

#54     Apr 25, 2005
  5. trendo

trendo

ftrade--

You said you had "plenty of $$$$ and live the good life." How much do you have and how did you make it? By answering these questions, you might be given advice that is more appropriate for you. (Although you have been given some excellent advice thus far.)

#55     Apr 25, 2005
  6. ftrade,

With consideration to all of your posts, you will not make it.

You have spent a lot of effort conditioning your mind to the state in which it now rsides. at this point there is irretrievable and irreversable stuff that you will never be able to fix. Too bad. You waited much too long to seek direction.

You are, at best, an example to others of what can go wrong in a person's life.

#56     Apr 25, 2005
  7. John47

John47

oh man, I didn't see the original post where he commented about 'not being able to afford LCD's" and "some shitty apartment" lol. I'm literally laughing out loud at that....I can just picture this kid saying those words.

ft, if you really want to be in the market, you have alot of homework to do before anything we say will help.

#57     Apr 25, 2005
  8. Now, Jack, don't be so hard on Ftrade. Like Bernie Kornfeld in our generation, he "sincerely wants to be rich." I think he deserves some good advice from us, on the order of:

IB is a reliable low cost futures broker which cheerfully gives you immediate entry into sucker plays

E-Signal is a reliable moderate cost data provider which lets you code up your own elaborate trading delusions

NQ is the best futures vehicle to trade in terms of payoff for the margin, with moves which clearly were readable in hindsight

SCT is the royal road to futures riches.

Best regards. Mike.

P.S. Ftrade, consider these figures. You want to make a cool mil a year? That's only five grand a day. My journal clearly shows you how to make five NQ ticks per car per day ($50) with only one trade. So all you have to do is trade 100 NQ's once a day following my method. Le voici! I would be pleased to walk you through it for a modest cut of your guaranteed winnings. You CAN fund a large enough account to do that, can't you? A mil ought to provide enough safety.

#58     Apr 25, 2005
  9. mogul

mogul

and don't forget to install at least three 19" LCDs before placing your first trade, absolutely mandatory

#59     Apr 25, 2005
  10. kowboy

kowboy

Say ft,

Are you getting the message that somehow you may have skrewed up on this board with your insults and bad attitude?

#60     Apr 25, 2005