Is anyone getting rich out there?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by ftrade, Apr 24, 2005.

1. just trading qqqq's and a smallcap equity called resin systems rssyf throughout the year, 6 fig's just doing the swing trade deal......keep it simple whatever you chose to do.

#41     Apr 25, 2005
  2. i was gonna say, it's kind of nice to see this uptick in deep pocketed newbs with invincible pride. come on in, i don't see any reason you couldn't start making a shitload of cash right away

#42     Apr 25, 2005
  3. First lesson: take responsibility for your mistakes.

Your first post was arrogant, hostile, and insulting. So people insulted you back. You came back with a different approach and people (sometimes the same people) were a lot nicer. Yet you do not seem to have learned that your own attitude was reflected back to you. The abusiveness and stupidity you are complaining about is not ours, it is your own.

I think you will have a very similar experience with the markets. If you go into this career expecting to be able to have your way with the markets, the markets will have their way with you. If you become humbled and cautious maybe you will start winning. But you will never truly succeed until you realize that the reason you are winning or losing is not luck, not the vindictiveness of others, but your own attitude.

Nothing is more important in trading than understanding your own mistakes and learning the right lessons from them. I hope you can do that here as well.

As for brokers, I trade equities and only dabble in futures, but I like Interactive Brokers, and so do a lot of other people around here. You will have access to an extremely wide variety of products, decent but not great commissions, and a good platform. It's a good place to start and learn what you are doing, and maybe experiment with trading a variety of products. Then if you find Interactive Brokers lacking, you will have a good basis for comparison when you are looking for a different broker.

Martin

#43     Apr 25, 2005
  4. ozzy

ozzy

Your shortcomings as a human being will be exposed when you begin to trade. Get ready to discover yourself and that newly purchased bucket of lube.

Attitude is very important in trading/life and from what I've read you have a bad attitude.

Be a little nicer to others and you'll notice that they in return will be nice to you.

Ok. That's all I have to say for this thread. It's rock and roll time.

ozzy

#44     Apr 25, 2005
  5. The chance to not be a corporate drone...

To be independent...

To live where you want to in the world...

To be free...

Is worth the price paid many times over.....To look back and to have lived..rather than always playing it safe....

Always your choice....

#45     Apr 25, 2005
  6. Your an A$$hole, now you know. :D

#46     Apr 25, 2005
  7. Your problably some rich drag queens bitch.

#47     Apr 25, 2005
  8. Yeah.
    Climb on board, you're badly needed in order to help paying for it.

#48     Apr 25, 2005
  9. The fact that you come out attacking and acting arrogant shows to me at least that the market will have to knock you down, the bigger the ego, the harder the slam. When you are beat within an inch of your life, you may learn something about yourself and henceforth about trading.

Jumping in and thinking you are better than everyone else belittles everyone that makes a living doing this...

We shall soon find out the truth about you.

How's this, post your account docs from today and lets see what they look like at the end of 6 months.

With this advice, i wish you all the luck in the world.

#49     Apr 25, 2005
  10. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

absolutely!!

we need to welcome dumb money with open arms.

#50     Apr 25, 2005