Is anyone getting rich out there?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by ftrade, Apr 24, 2005.

1. Nutzo

Nutzo

Do a search this topic has been discussed in the past.....much like you will be I hope.:D

#11     Apr 24, 2005
  2. Have you considered a career in diplomacy? I think you could do wonders for world peace.

#12     Apr 24, 2005
  3. Dustin

Dustin

Here's the bottom line. Don't get into this business to make millions. You have a better chance of getting struck by lightning...twice. If you want a job that you can do from home, take in $50-150k/yr and enjoy doing it then give it a go.

I consider myself a very good trader, but I know that to make millions I have to risk millions and i'm far too conservative for that. My goal is just to do $100-200k every year and live a comfortable life. If that sounds boring then trading is not for you.

#13     Apr 24, 2005
  4. You cant expect to insult people by calling them losers trying to eek out a living and expect people to be friendly and offer you advice. I work at a firm so I haven't posted any home workstation pics that you so desperately need to criticise but I can tell you that I wouldnt be so cocky as you have been if I was truly looking for help and guidance.

You want to know what the potential is....its unlimited. It all depends on you and you alone each and every day battling to make your fortune. And, at the stage you are at, you shouldnt even be thinking about how much money you are going to make rather how much you can afford to lose until you truly become in sync with your trading. This is the reality of this business and its why so few make it. But, if you are one that does, well....then its well worth every minute of your time.

#14     Apr 24, 2005
  5. kowboy

kowboy

You sound like Oktitti on another thread.

Who the heck would want to waste their time helping someone with a confrontational attitiude?

Why don't you go back to Mickey D's and apply for a job cleaning the fry-o-lator.

#15     Apr 24, 2005
  6. ftrade

ftrade

OK, since my first question returned mostly insults(thank you to those that took the time to answer honestly and help manage my expectations), I now have another question.

Can anyone recommend the best and cheapest broker/clearing house for futures? Also, can anyone let me know about leasing a seat at the Merc and how that effects commision rates. I plan on using a quote service and Xtrader. And on that note, do you guys believe that X Trader is the best trading platform? Hopefully, the insults will be held to a minimum with this line of questions. Thank you

#16     Apr 24, 2005
  7. Is this Corky from Life Goes On? You’re leasing a seat and then also want a cheap online broker. Hey sport what’s wrong with reading a book because talking makes you sound retarded.

#17     Apr 24, 2005
  8. Nutzo

Nutzo

ROTFLMAO.............I suggest you open another screenname and start over! Cause this one "BLEWUP". :p

#18     Apr 24, 2005
  9. HAHA. You are funny. Come on kid, crawl back down the hole you came out of. HAHA. Thanks for a good laugh.

#19     Apr 24, 2005
  10. kowboy

kowboy

From Nubie to leasing a seat in two posts?

Hardeeeeeharrrharrrharr:D

Thanks for the fun and yuks.

#20     Apr 24, 2005