Is anyone getting rich out there?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by ftrade, Apr 24, 2005.

1. ftrade

ftrade

Hey guys-

This is a great site and I am interested in starting to trade index futures for a living. My question is....is anyone making real money out there doing this? I mean high six figures to the millions? I see all of you guys writing on these boards and see pictures of peoples tradestations and it seems like everyone on this thing is a bunch of losers. Guys who can't even afford LCD monitors, guys that trade in some shitty room in what looks like some shitty apartment. So, seriously, is anyone anyone making real coin? And if so, what is the road you recommend? Thanks

2. If your attitude is all about making high 6 figures to 7 figures without putting in YEARS of work, you are in for a rude awakening.

3. Just wondering when people on this site will stop taking these kids seriously. Its obvious this guy is just a bored little jag off trying to get a rise out of some posters...and you all take the bait every time.

unbelievable.

4. jsut liek any other occupation maybe 2 or 3 out of 100 make any real money. sure the % on this board much higher as amny ont his board are the survivors of the last 5-10 years. truth is if someone has a jam up system to make money i highly doubt he;d be listing on here as he wants to be paid for his knowledge just like any other profession

5. first post and you made my ignore list. thats some kind of record.

6. ftrade

ftrade

This was a serious question. I am perfectly willing to put in the years of hard work because I do LOVE the market, but really was just trying to manage my own expectations as to what the real upside could be....best case scenario if you will. I am not talking about get rich quick stuff, but merely was wondering from all of you on this board, who is making good money and how? It seems to me like many of you are just pissed off guys with no bankroll trying to eek out a living sitting at home in your bathrobe. So, again....who is making the real dough and how are they doing it? Hardware, Software, Indexes, Systems, Prop vs no Prop, I thought this was a forum for trading. So, who's making money out there and how are you doing it? This is not a joke. I am looking for answers and I am committed to this career. Thank you for honest replies. I do not mean to offend anyone here, but I am just looking for advice. Thanks

7. ozzy

ozzy

Dude, you suck.

8. Nutzo

Nutzo

I advise you to stay at your current job........GIVING HANDJOBS AT YOUR LOCAL SPA.:cool:

9. Choad

Choad

10. ftrade

ftrade

Why do I suck? I think this is a ligitimate question and again, I am wondering why you guys are so pissed off. Do you just lose money everyday? I am just looking for help and advice....and don't tell me to read books and pay my dues for 5 years, that is a given. Tell me something I don't know.

#10     Apr 24, 2005