Is anyone familiar with John Carter?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by BCE, Aug 27, 2006.

1. Just curious why you said those at TradingMarkets.com are scumbags? Any insights ?

#21     Sep 4, 2006
  2. tomhaden

tomhaden

Just do a search for TradingMarkets on this site and read for yourself.

This thread is a good summary: http://elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=55768&highlight=tradingmarkets

TradingMarkets at the beginning had some ok writers and some good methods. But then it started to offer those very bad trading systems and cdroms. Read through any of their systems descriptions and see if you can point out the tricks they use to increase the results of the reports.

The current tradingmarkets.com site depends on newbies to fuel their profits. TM has a great business. But not if you are the trader looking for some info.

A friend of mine (M.C. if you are out there, you know who you are... LOL) worked there in customer support. The horror stories of what they did to customers.

#22     Sep 4, 2006
  3. Jeeze, for a sec there I thought you said "very bad trading systems and condoms."

Now that would be dangerous.

#23     Sep 4, 2006
  4. CTTrader

CTTrader

Ditto on most of the previous comments. John & Hubert are decent traders and definitely better than 95% of the garbage out there. But I don't think they are working as hard as they are running seminars and selling merchandise out of generosity. They make a lot more money that way than they do trading.

As stated before, they are big time vendors selling at a premium things others give away for free. Their indicators lag quite badly, but I do use some of them at times - often as a trigger to exit when the indicator says enter. The squeeze is a good example. The 5 minute squeeze appears to work on index futures ok, but on individual stocks the move is often over by the time the squeeze fires.

Also, you better backtest and tweak before using the strategies in John's book on specific stocks or you may be in for a big surprise. There are some good concepts, but some of the methods are disasterous if applied exactly as described. Like most vendors he only includes examples of when the strategy worked.

#24     Oct 27, 2006
  5. nursebee

nursebee

Any updates on opinions? Getting tired of his youtube ads here...

#25     Jan 17, 2020
  6. His movie was strange...

[​IMG]

#26     Jan 17, 2020