Is anyone else getting sick of dems lying over health care?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Hello, Mar 3, 2010.

Are dems lying when they go on air and say the majority wants their reform bill?

1. Yes all dems are liars, and they continue to lie about health reform

33 vote(s)
    80.5%
  2. No, the Dems are squeaky clean, only truth comes from the annointed ones mouth

8 vote(s)
    19.5%
  1. rc8222

rc8222

An October 2009 article. ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! America overwhelming rejects this bill by a 52% - 44% margin. At least I'll provide a poll that was taken today, not October 2009. lol

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub.../healthcare/september_2009/health_care_reform

#11     Mar 3, 2010
  2. U.S. health care a 'tapeworm,' Buffett warns

"Billionaire investor Warren Buffett has a prescription for Barack Obama, the U.S. President: Declare reforming the pricey U.S. health-care system a national emergency and come up with an overhaul that dramatically brings costs down."

http://www.financialpost.com/news-sectors/story.html?id=2629651

#12     Mar 3, 2010
  3. I believe the headline is from the time period of Obama's quote about the "majority of Americans" wanting the bill, so the article is timely.

In addition, as the article points out, any bill with a public option and medicare buy-in gets majority support. Furthermore when polls are conducted breaking the bill down into its constituent parts the majority of Americans support each constituent part (yes, there's a dichotomy there.)

Now, having said that, as I've already pointed out to the OP -- whether or not the majority support the bill isn't meaningful without a foundation of comparison. More people support it than oppose it is a meaningful comparison. More people support it than support the status quo is a meaningful comparison. A 50% majority or higher is not meaningful without context.

#13     Mar 3, 2010
  4. Right, that really should be the end of the argument right there.
    Just heard that insurers are asking for from 20 to 50 percent increases in premiums from their respective states. They've discovered that they can get their profits by tapping into payrolls
    that never seem to increase due to the added plaque employers have to pay in their premium contributions. I don't care how they do it, shove it down the mutants throats.

And, if we don't get financial regulation reform look no farther than Larry Summers.

#14     Mar 3, 2010
  5. rc8222

rc8222

Yeah, we'll see a majority of Democrats their asses handed to them in November if they ram this through. We'll make that meaningful with out the context as well!!! The Democrats are in the process of crippling their party for the next several decades!!! I'm actually enjoying watching them bury themselves.

#15     Mar 3, 2010
  6. That is truly overwhelming. If you needed a license to use the English language, you'd be speaking French. Just wondering, why not simply post under the username by which we all know you? Are you afraid?

I'm not even decided on whether Obama's version of health care reform is the best one. I just object to this type of BS soapboxing.

Health care reform won't cure what ails the U.S. the most (in terms of health, that is). The fact that the FDA is a subsidiary of Big Food is a waaaay more serious problem. However, it's true enough that the insurance companies have been engaged in the most disgusting, criminally unethical practices, and that's what Obama is trying to fight. What are you going to do, ask them not to fuck people over? Only way to do it is to legislate it.

#16     Mar 3, 2010
  7. We should have free healthcare and prescriptions for everyone, paid for by taxes and without tax increases. You see a doctor or hospital, they bill the U.S. government, they get mailed a check, end of story. Simple and no more insurance premiums. Of course, the government would have to come up what the fee would be per procedure performed. Hospitals wouldn't have to worry about treating people for emergencies and not getting paid anymore. They would get paid for everyone they treat. It would be like a Medicare plan, but for all ages, 100% coverage, without any deductibles or lifetime dollar limits.

Another reason that we need free healthcare is because a great reason for U.S. companies to outsource jobs is because of the high health insurance costs for their employees and families, which keep going up all of the time. Eventually, it will be costing companies $20,000/year to insure 1 employee for 1 year for a $0 deductible plan. If they didn't have that cost, their profits would go up, they would pay more in taxes, and those taxes can be used to pay for free healthcare for everyone.

#17     Mar 3, 2010
  8. Nice idea. Do you think that the money exists in the U.S. system to pay for that? Given the current debt situation? This is not a facetious question, I am asking it seriously.

#18     Mar 3, 2010
  9. You know what they say, its only going to get worse if nothing is done about it now. Take the profit out of it. Do we have to profit off of everything? Standing at the bedside of the 6 year old bald chemo patient at St. Judes and by extension siphoning your little margin from that is just shameful.

#19     Mar 3, 2010
  10. Not shameful, just the Republican way.

#20     Mar 3, 2010