Is anyone considering the possibility this Corona virus is an overhyped

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Good Fortune, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Wallet

Wallet

No one is talking about this, my guess is to tamper the markets as long as possible. You draw your own conclusions as to why.

Clusters have broken out in S Korea, Italy, Iran. N Korea is believed to be seriously infected. China is and has been under reporting.

Listen but you wont like what you hear.

#71     Feb 23, 2020
    themickey likes this.
  2. vanzandt

vanzandt

The buying opportunity of our lifetime.....
    Keep buying China.

#72     Feb 23, 2020
  3. Wallet

Wallet

:D

#73     Feb 23, 2020
    themickey likes this.
  4. themickey

themickey

Sounds like Halloween night.

#74     Feb 24, 2020
    Dr. Love likes this.
  5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

The 2% mortality rate number - I'm not sure how you get to that. I mean, I understand the math, but you have to consider 3rd world medicine and treatment into that, don't you? How many people die from pneumonia in New York City vs. Bangkok?

#75     Feb 24, 2020
  6. Turveyd

Turveyd

Iran 8 out of 48 deaths, so 16%.

When it swamps any health service and there unable to treat people that's when the death rate goes through the roof, could still kill 1Billion people this year.

#76     Feb 24, 2020
  7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

1/8th of the world population? Really? This year?

You don't think that is hyperbole?

#77     Feb 24, 2020
  8. Turveyd

Turveyd

COULD being the operative word, we don't know yet, if it stays contained then no, if it goes wild like Swine Flu did which was already 2months in everyone had had it pretty much then swamps the health services then ohhh yes!!

We'll have to wait and see.

I'd imagine Iranians are likely under fed, which supports my why it's killing some groups more than others, us fat westerners will most likely be barely affected, advice stop the dieting, put some weight on.

#78     Feb 24, 2020
    Dr. Love likes this.
  9. Turveyd

Turveyd

And reading the news, Italy, S Korea and Iran it looks like it's going wild, they'll become a point where they just can't stop it unless they shut boarders and stop all travel in time.

#79     Feb 24, 2020
  10. Bugenhagen

Bugenhagen

2% death rate with those people getting medical care, IV drips and whatever they need for the most part.

If it gets beyond a certain scale and medical care gets patchy, that percentage will increase.

Already China has bought up huge amounts of medical masks from Africa. I'm not predicting it will get so big however I've seen out of control cholera with scores of deaths due to no IV fluids. I have a little stock of the needed for the family, not going crazy but enough.

#80     Feb 24, 2020