Is anyone considering the possibility this Corona virus is an overhyped

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Good Fortune, Feb 21, 2020.

1. themickey

themickey

Societies should have a system where incompetent politicians can get sacked immediately.
    It really needs this because often politicians feel like they are bullet proof leaders, nothing is further from the truth than this.

#121     Feb 29, 2020
    Scataphagos likes this.
  2. vanzandt

vanzandt

That's pretty cool stuff. Where'd you learn to sail Snark? I mean there's a huge difference in what I know and what you know. I can hold my own in a small sailboat or even a cat, but man you are in another league in a big big way. You're out there man against what at any given time turn into 'man against the wrath of Mother Nature'. And she usually wins. I had a very bad experience once out on Lake MI in a storm, we almost lost VZ and company... like the Andrea Doria... or the Edmund Fitzgerald.... no friggin way would I ever attempt to sail to NZ across the Pacific in anything smaller than a $CCL vessel. Uh-uh. Nooooo.
    That's quite impressive.

#122     Feb 29, 2020
  3. Rhona

Rhona

Sorry, I meant microns :) My info is that N95 is sufficient for droplets but not aerosolisation as the particles are smaller and can penetrate in that form. I’ll be taking no chances anyway.

#123     Mar 5, 2020
    PoopyDeek likes this.
  4. Bugenhagen

Bugenhagen

Well you can always do this, thanks to Occupy and the Antifa groups for saving everyone again! :)

[​IMG]

#124     Mar 5, 2020
  5. Snarkhund

Snarkhund

We had a 16-ft Hobie Cat when I was a kid and I started racing in a little place called Marine Stadium in Long Beach. When I'm in trouble at sea I always dig deep back to those days. It had a 1.5 genoa and was seriously overpowered lol.

I raced on my Dad's Catalina every year Newport-Ensenada until Ensenada became dangerous the race was disbanded. Then I raced PHRF-C in the Puget Sound out of Gig Harbor for a couple of seasons. I moved to Maryland and raced for years on the Chesapeake on a J-35 in PHRF-A and we won the East Coast Championship in the early 90s. I bought my boat at King Harbor, it had nothing below except sail storage as the cabin had been stripped out for racing. I started single-handing to Catalina, mostly to Cat Harbor. Then I made a trip to Hawaii and realized I could cross safely. It has an 8.5 foot carbon-fiber bowsprit and I have a huge asymmetrical spinnaker and don't have to mess with a spinnaker pole.

Now we have GPS, satellite internet, cell phones and AIS etc so there is real-time weather data and comms and it seems much safer than back in the day.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2020
    #125     Mar 5, 2020
  6. Orange President has a personal responsibility to visit & embrace all people in the US who contract Covid-19!

#126     Mar 5, 2020
  7. Snarkhund

Snarkhund

#127     Mar 5, 2020
  8. RRY16

RRY16

Then you woke up from your dream and you were in a beat up Kayak with MarketSurf on the coastal waterway sipping gin n juice.

#128     Mar 6, 2020
  9. Snarkhund

Snarkhund

So.... you can't retire because you are broke? Tragic.

Even you could have caught that first big swing. Or are you scalping the Q's lol?

Marketsurfer? Is that guy still around? All of you losers changed your nicks and its has become impossible to know who is who anymore. Freddy has changed his nick about 5 times, mostly from getting banned. Same dickheads, different names...

#129     Mar 6, 2020
    Wallet and Tsing Tao like this.
  10. RRY16

RRY16

How’d that buying spree work for you a couple of weeks ago . Lol..LOSER!

#130     Mar 6, 2020