Is anyone considering the possibility this Corona virus is an overhyped

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Good Fortune, Feb 21, 2020.

1. vanzandt

vanzandt

Hahahah. I was just gonna respond to your other post about Tony and H4 with... "when in doubt, just write MAGA". Great minds.... :D

#101     Feb 27, 2020
    Tsing Tao likes this.
  2. Snarkhund

Snarkhund

I'm out of here. Got a couple of tax meetings early next week then I'm gonna get all nautical.

I would have bolted already but did not want to fly commercial. A friend is going to shuttle me down in his Duchess and spend a few days on my boat in the marina. Then I'm going to raft up with another friend's boat on a leased mooring out in the river and stay put there for awhile. I can carry at least 2 months supplies and maybe stretch that to 3 months if things look grim.

I've seen enough. I sincerely hope every one of you is ok and your families as well.

#102     Feb 27, 2020
  3. RRY16

RRY16

Lol.. Ahoy Polloi!

#103     Feb 27, 2020
  4. vanzandt

vanzandt

"Bless this ship and all who sail on her. I christen thee, the Flying Wasp."

#104     Feb 27, 2020
    Snarkhund likes this.
  5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Bon voyage.

I don't understand this, but I hope you have a nice vacation.

#105     Feb 28, 2020
  6. Snarkhund

Snarkhund

I normally do this around this time of year.

The only difference this time is that I'm not going to sail anywhere. I had friends that I was going to join in Polynesia but they have had some mechanical difficulties and could not get parts in Tahiti so they're sailing on to New Zealand to make repairs. So this year I'm just going to lay up and chill for a bit. I have internet data (theoretically) so its not complete isolation.

If I end up getting trapped outside of the US you guys can have a laugh at my folly. Its all good.

#106     Feb 28, 2020
  7. Bugenhagen

Bugenhagen

FB_IMG_1582926319180.jpg

What, not all under control? Leaving? Shocked.

#107     Feb 28, 2020
  8. themickey

themickey

The nicest / safest / sheltered places in NZ is: 1) Bay of Islands/Russell, 2) Waitemata Harbour Auckland, 3) NZ East Coast 4) Marlborough Sounds/ Nelson.
    Avoid the West Coast and Wellington. Be very careful of Cook Strait.
    Unfortunately to get to Marlborough Sounds / Nelson you have to cross the Cook Strait if coming from the North Island of NZ.
    Anywhere on the West Coast can be very high winds.

#108     Feb 28, 2020
    Bugenhagen likes this.
  9. Bugenhagen

Bugenhagen

Stay away from the Marlborough district please, I own a house there and don't need the property devaluation from an snarkhund infestation.

#109     Feb 28, 2020
  10. Snarkhund

Snarkhund

I'm going to Panama and mooring in the estuary. Not joining my friends this year.

#110     Feb 28, 2020