Is anybody going to Upgrade to Longhorn windows

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by mahram, Aug 22, 2005.

1. Its not a processor emulator, its an API emulator, which is the context in which I was using the term since the name implies its not a processor set emulator.

Test Wine with a few windows applications - it is clearly not as fast as running the applications on Windows. Duplicating native performance on an emulation API set takes herculean efforts.....

#31     Aug 25, 2005
  2. Wifey and I moved to the city. We like to be where the action is. Out in the suburbs, we felt secluded.

Now in trading, I am more of an idea seeker. I am most happy in researching an idea that hits me at 2:00 AM while lying in bed.

This may seem to be contradicting illustrations.....

But my point is, when it comes to software and availability I will always wait for sp2 and stay away from specialized operating systems.....Now if I were a programmer, which many are probably reading my babble and laughing at me, I would go with Linux...

Michael B.

#32     Aug 25, 2005
  3. If I understand you correctly, you must be some kind of a newbie who just started going XP with its sp2 released a bit earlier .
    Keep on having those sweet dreams around 2:00 AM.
    :D

#33     Aug 25, 2005
  4. Hey..... us newbies can create too! You should see my spreadsheets!

#34     Aug 25, 2005
  5. You should try your hand at programming ES. It's another form of creative expression and gives an ability of control, especially w/ somethong like trading. I picked it up a year ago.

#35     Aug 25, 2005
  6. I'm working on it...I was told in College that I should not program as I have an strong apptitude for System design but not programming. MIT came to the community college 27 years ago and tested us...imagine that.

#36     Aug 25, 2005
  7. I think that for the future of trading, it'll be a competitive necessity.

#37     Aug 25, 2005
  8. Don't scare me...this is lingering in the back of my mind now for two years...

I trade longer term now just for this reason to prolong the inevitable.

#38     Aug 25, 2005
  9. What's stoppin' ya? it certainly isn't free time with all the "gum flapping" you do on this site. :D

#39     Aug 25, 2005
  10. Ah...You luv me dontya? I am working on my HTML...just now. Looky here (Warning, Warning! very primitive):

www.electricsavant.com

Mod's take it easy...its ET compliant!!!Don't have a cow.

#40     Aug 25, 2005