Is any firm good, or is it you?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by B0YPlUNGER, Oct 22, 2001.

1. Thank you Rtharp! That was what I was trying to get across but failed to do so. I saw too many opinions without any amount of accuracy. Of course I guess you will always get those in a forum that you can hide your identity. Any way, thanks once again for putting the correct words in my mouth.

#11     Oct 24, 2001
  2. Hit&Run

Hit&Run

Hi Mr. Plunger

I was rather disturbed when you grouped some of the bigger firms together as places that only wanted to trade traders...i started my trading career at ETG and I will agree with you that they seem to have a very structured/successful business model in place which lends itself to "churning" traders as more seasoned individuals leave the firm for better deals...but it's a symbiotic relationship with them because they allow you to trade firm capital with no experience to start and the payouts are reasonable...its a great place to get your feet wet and pay tuition...but as with my current firm Generic where im not only a prop trader but also a recruiter, i think the way a trader is treated depends alot on the branch and maybe more importantly the senior trader/backer in the group...when i started there i got everything that i was promised and the environment was great/educational...now that i have traders under me, im very flexible to their needs regardless of their profit level as long as i see there is effort, potential and maybe most importantly trust...so from my trading experiences, YES there are plently of aholes in this business on both sides (tradervsmanagement) but if you look hard enough you'll find good honest people who are there to help you out as much as possible since i can be considered on both sides of the business....so please dont generalize firms and do your homework about each individual....thanks

#12     Oct 28, 2001